Main Menu

Definitely wanted: Dredd or alive!

Started by Leigh S, 05 April, 2002, 05:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

How do Big Finish hope to make money out of the Dredd audios when they are totally unobtainable!  Now I'm in Birmingham, so you'd expect one of the comic shops to stock it - I tried Waterstones, but failed there as well (though admittedly I think there are two, so I'll be trying out the other one tomorrow).  Has anyone (outside of London!) found these in a shop yet?

DavidXBrunt

Is there a 'Forbidden Planet' in Birmingham? They usually stock 'Big Finish' stuff. Failing that there's always mail-order.

paulvonscott

There is a 'Nostalgia and comics' or was when I lived there.  During the heyday, virgin had a comic shop, there was another round the corner and a couple of excellent second hand places.  All gone.  Sob.

BF do a good subscription deal

Thread Zero

I looked on wednesday and thursday here in North London, and no sign of it.

Is it in the shops anywhere else?

scojo

paulvonscott

I went back to the place where they had five copies last time and this time - NO copies!  It was quite a walk out of my way so I was very excited on my way there and a bit glum on the way back.  I find it hard enough to find 2000AD in a shop, the megazine is even trickier.

Leigh S

Dont despair PVS - Readers World is still going - the best second hand comics shop in Britain, IMO -Its just moved down the road to Digbeth.  They cant be beaten for prices or for the weird old goodies that occasionally surface there.

There is indeed a Forbidden Planet in Brum, and I believe N&C are now owned by FP.  However, still cant find a copy, despite scouring Smiths, Waterstones, FP and N&C.

DavidXBrunt

Going from my experience of B.F.'s Doctor Who range they won't be available in Smiths. They'd have to give them too much of the cut for them to stock them, so much that they'd be paying to let Smiths sell them and not getting any money from the sale. And that's directly from one of their producers Mr. Gary 'Used to play Dick in 'Famous Five'' Russel.

Waterstones stocking them depends on the managers.

F.P. in Manchester got them in today so you might want to try again.

M.V.C. and H.M.V. both stock B.F. products but it varies from shop to shop (but with this being a new range it might be a wait).

O Lucky Stevie!

>Mr. Gary 'Used to play Dick in 'Famous Five'' Russel.

wow! that's a boast for the tombstone (bet it pulls the birds in something rotten too!)

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Wood

Got it yesterday.

I really liked the Dredd story. Call me juvenile, but the thought of seven million toilets backing up made me laugh.

Wardog anticlimactic, SD story (new to me) pretty good but not one of the best.

Oh, and Hellboy wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Which is nice.