Main Menu

Poundland Classic Horror

Started by SmallBlueThing, 18 September, 2010, 12:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satchmo

The full list:
The Bat, Creature From The Haunted Sea, House On Haunted Hill, Attack Of The Crab Monsters, Giant Leeches, The Thing, Little Shop Of Horrors, King Of The Zombies, The Brain That Wouldn't Die, Fiend Without A Face, Doomed To Die, The Terror, White Zombie, Screaming Skull, The Fatal Hour, Invisible Ghost, Indestructable Man, Wasp Woman, Killer Shrews, Plan 9 From Outer Space.

There were also five others that were withdrawn because they had no BBFC certification on the box, or something:
Atom Age Vampire, Horrors of Spider Island, The Monster Maker ,The monster Walks, The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues.

EDIT: I cut and pasted that list, it is of course The Thing From Another World. Man, I can't wait to watch it with my son...
The quality of the ones I've watched so far has been variable, Giant Leeches was pretty ropey but some of them have been good transfers, and hell they were only a quid :)

I've still got a few to pick up from folks who've been aiding me on my mental quest, and I'll sort out a list of doubles I've got, and anyone who wants them, they're yours.

Oh and hurry along now, I've heard they're a limited time offer for Halloween and won't be around for much longer...

maryanddavid

I picked up in the Two Euro shop a Swamp Thing cartoon from the eighties, possibly the most pathetic thing I have ever watched. I also picked up  some black and white Flash Gordon and Superman, havent watched them yet but probably will throw an eye over the Christmas.

David

Emperor

My nearest Poundland is in The Strand Shopping Centre in Bootle, I suppose I haven't given the old body armour a outing recently...
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

SmallBlueThing

Bum. Ive not even heard of any on that withdrawn list! Horrors from spider island sounds right up my street too.
Thanks for that list. Argh! I can't. I mustn't! She went mental when all 156 episodes of the twilight zone appeared in the post just after her ban came into force...
Nnng. Ohhh, i can foresee trouble.

SBT

dracula1

Sounds great! how much are these cult classic's going for?

Peter Wolf

Quote from: dracula1 on 28 October, 2010, 11:46:25 PM
Sounds great! how much are these cult classic's going for?

Only £1 each !

£1 per DVD !

Bargain !

:thumbsup:

Everything £1 !  :crazy:

Well not everything as you couldnt buy everything in the shop for £1.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

dracula1

Thanks Mr. Wolf. pricey if you ask me! ;)

Rex Banner

The local Poundland also had in Masters Of Horror double pack featuring John Carpenter and another who my work addled brain canlt remember at the moment despite buying it.

SmallBlueThing

Stuart Gordon- Dreams in the Witch House? Both that and Cigarette Burns are magnificent. Masters of Horror is a sorely missed show. Never less than wonderful.
SBT