Main Menu

Walking Dead Dead City

Started by rogue69, 11 May, 2023, 07:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

The next new Walking Dead spin off Dead City has released its first trailer. Continuing the story of Maggie and Morgan now in New York looking for Maggie's kidnapped child  coming 18th June

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b-b4rvLJmI&t=8s

Jim_Campbell

Surely this dead horse is basically pâté after that much flogging...?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

Well, that looks like the epitome of unnecessary.

Trooper McFad

It doesn't give me any encouragement  to watch this.

I barely got through TWD I only persisted as I wanted to find out the different in the ending compared to the Graphic Novels
I preferred the GNs ending (in fact the whole run) compared to the TV show.
Only bits I thought were decent in the TV was Daryl & his brother and Carol & Morgans different arcs.

Don't get me started on the bits they shouldn't have changed
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Tjm86

I think I lasted until about season 7 before giving it up as a lost cause.  The trailer looks like maybe they recognised where the TV adaptation got things so badly wrong and ended up producing "Eastenders with Zombies" (okay, not much difference ...) and being about as appealing as watching Premier League Football.

The real question is: is the trailer just showing the highlights of a 12 episode series and hoping nobody realises how many seconds of interesting viewing per episode that represents?  Given that FTWD started off reasonably well before going similarly off the rails ...

IndigoPrime

I gave up with the comics after reading the first compendium. By that point, it had sort of turned into EastEnders with zombies. Oddly, I liked the show more – at least at first. Not knowing quite what was going to happen was exciting, even if people too often did really stupid things. But it did descend into Plot Armour Central, and it never fully recovered. Too many series had awful villains, and the ending was a bit naff (and, unlike in the comics – where I did 'skip to the end' – not really an ending).

For my sins, I also started watching Fear, which again started off quite well, before ending up in roughly the same stupid zone as the original series. I haven't finished that one. I'm not sure I have the will. And I really don't know whether I can deal with any more – certainly not Maggie and Negan's Super Team-Up Special.