Main Menu

Theatre Land

Started by JimBob, 04 July, 2003, 04:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBob

Hello,
       I'm in London next weekend and like a big arsed yank tourist I want to go to the theatre. Just wondered if any of you chaps have any reccomendations, at the moment I'm thinking Aftermath  but I'ld be interested in any other ideas.

Cheers

Jim

JamieB

I hear JERRY SPRINGER: THE OPERA is pretty good.

J-Bo-1

Art

We've actually been waiting for the next "big arsed yank tourist" freind of Heathers to come over form the states so we'll have an excuse to go see that.

damnandblast

My wife loves Mama Mia (and so did I, but don't tell anyone). Grease was fun, The Reduced Shakespeare Company can be pant-wettingly funny on the right night, but I fell asleep in Les Miserables (which lived up to its name all too bloody well). I'm told the Lion King is good too.

Nigel

Oddboy

Chitychity Bang Bang was quite amusing, but not great.
Chicago was wonderful (better then the movie, but if you don't like the movie you probably won't get anything out of the stage show)
League of Gentlemen was fantastic, but that's not on anymore. Go Johnny Go Go Go Go!

I keep meaning to go to the Reduced Shakespears, it's supposed to be very good.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Quirkafleeg

The stage show I saw in old London town was Bib and Bob... without doubt the most outragous live thing I've ever seen. Still laugh when I think about it.

Eric Plumrose

Hitchcock Blonde. Haven't seen it but it's the only play I could think of off the top me head.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Nice Tom

Anything at the King's Head in Islington. Tell 'em Tom sent ya.

Slippery PD

Mousetrap we al know who did it after all.

Yer "it was the butler" Slips

Devons Daddy

i used to go to the theatre a lot when i was in the uk and still do when ever i take a trip back

london has some wonderful ones.
we will rock you.(mama mai?)  Queen music based romp.

Grease, lots of fun

Lion King superb disney at its finest.

Les miserables. very good. but not great for your first one,

Phamton of the opera. superb. truly excellent

if its still on. MISS SIAGON. the finest musical i have ever enjoyed.outstanding and moving,

Beauty and Beast again disney. great show.

OUR HOUSE
madness msuical.bloody great if you where a child of the 80s.but if you are not you may find it a bit silly.

anything with the cameron mackintosh team involved will be a good place to start.disney also light and enjoyeable not high brow and worth the entry price.

best bet get a copy of time out and ring up for cancellations. often get cheap seats for good shows.or guarntee good seats in good shows without any tarrifs with credit card.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

O yeah, We Will Rock You was great fun.  Silly, but if you lick Queen & dislike Steps then it's great.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

Being in the sticks, I don't know much about London's glittering theatreland.

However, I have seen the Reduced Shakespeare Company and I laughed so much I almost choked to death.

They're very, very funny.

- Trout