Main Menu

Random Observations

Started by JimBob, 15 September, 2003, 12:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBob

Got back from part 1 of my holiday t' other day anbd read a big chunk of tooths. Observations from recent issues:
The art on the Dick Turpin Past Imperfect was really good, give that chap some horror stories to scribble.
Leviathon continues to be tops great story/art combo, and its interesting to note that Scarlett Traces amd LOEG 2 can happily fit together into one continuity, and the fact ST doesnt suffer in comparison shows how good a piece of work it was.
 Bizzarely there are Spanish Language Dan Abnett books in existance,(this led me to wonder if in a translated Sin/Dex Dex would continuely shout "!Oh Crikey!" in English for no discernable reason)  hopefully I'll be able to see Magyar and Polish copies in phase 2 of my drunken tour of the continent  
 The  Extreme edition showed that Judge Death has been distinctley iffy between Necropolis and the recent versions, and while I didnt particularly enjoy the content I'm sort of glad i bought it in the hope furhter editions more in keeping with my personal likes will turn up.
 The decison to have Wardog as the 2nd story in the Showcase project will probably kill it, it was an OK story but not something that 'll consolidate any audience 13 ropes in.
 Anyway rambling over (I was going to slag off the Gaiman marvel thing but i cant be arsed, oh and I reccommend Gates of Fire -a novel about the 300 Spartans-  and the recent non-fiction Alamien -dont have authors name to hand-  as good holiday reading)  

Jim

Last of the V8's

If anyone has the Terminator 2 dic Region 2 DVD check it now!
Was talking about this yesterday with some mates and some found that their discs had become unplayable due to white transparent sticky film on both discs.
I checked mine today a low and behold the same has happened to mine.
I cleaned it off with CD cleaner and now it's fine.
Worth checking out if you have this disc.

Dudley

Random Observation: Shares in British air-conditioning companies will be a good buy from next month.

Dudley

Random Observation: Delia Smith's first recipe was published 30 years ago today.

judge dreddd

Random Observation: Delia Smith showed how to boil an egg on tv - link to book 'how to cook'

she must think ...bbc SUCKERS

Mr C

Random Observation: Fibre Opitcs are actually quite boring when you get over the instinctual "Oooh! pretty!".

Try sitting through a four hour presentation on the little buggers and you soon become numb to them.

Mr C

See, you start to hate them so much you start calling them Opitcs instead of Optics.

Dom

Random observation: man in platic cage is not entertaining or clever

Mr C

Random Observation: Man in Plastic cage being tortured and humiliated by the great British public is entertaining.

Quirkafleeg

Random Observation: Richard and Judy is not as good as it used to be or I've just got bored with it

Art

Supermarket Sweep, Teletubbies and Bargain Hunt have probably all lost their thrill by now as well...

damnandblast

"Random observation: man in platic cage is not entertaining or clever"

But is remarkably well paid. Go figure.

Nigel

Wils

Who needs those programmes now that *this* badboy of daytime TV is on?

(Warning: The Archie page is particularly disturbing)

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/balamory/" target="_blank">Compulsive sickie/no-job telly

Slippery PD

I always had a liking for the "singing kettle"

Random Observation: Often money earned is inversely porportional to effort put in.

Yer Slips

Woolly