Main Menu

SFX COMIC HEROES - FREE 2000AD MAGNETS

Started by strontium71, 16 February, 2010, 11:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

That's pretty rum, Chris. I've no idea where you stand with copyright but for sure they don't have the right to use your artwork without your permission. What a bunch of numbskulls.

chris_askham

Yeah, it would have been nice to have been asked first...

Still, imagine all those fridges that'll be adorned with my Hammerstein.

Richmond Clements

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: chris_askham on 16 March, 2010, 05:28:56 PM
Yeah, it would have been nice to have been asked first...

Still, imagine all those fridges that'll be adorned with my Hammerstein.

Regardless of who owns the copyright on the Hammerstein character, the copyright on that specific image resides with you unless you sign it away. I'd find out whether you're appropriately credited and make a major fuss to the editorial team if not -- bad enough that they've used it without asking permission (or paying you). If you don't even get any free promotion out of it, then they're taking the piss a bit ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

Actually, while we're at it, is that PJ Rogue picture an official piece, or a fanzine/small press illo?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 March, 2010, 05:45:00 PM
Actually, while we're at it, is that PJ Rogue picture an official piece, or a fanzine/small press illo?

Cheers

Jim

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 16 March, 2010, 11:20:39 AM
Okay, I'm going to stick my nose out here as the rogue Trooper magnet isn't a piece that has been in 2000ad. It was on PJ's blog and was coloured By Steve Denton before being used as part of my Advertising banner for Zarjaz.

Therefore should PJ have been asked permission first?

Looks as if someone's just googled "2000ad".

chris_askham

I imagine Tharg would be a bit annoyed. Of all the classic 2000ad images they could have used, they've gone with the work of a two bit small presser. What a cock-up.

Colin YNWA

I'd defo contact them Chris as its just plain rude.

Someone mentioned elsewhere that they were sent a load of selected images they just chose to ignore and pluck things from elsewhere. Which seems a very strange thing to do?

Mike Gloady

Strange and, let's be frank, fucking rude.  It's probably not worth Twoth's time to harrass them after the fact sadly. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

chris_askham

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 March, 2010, 06:33:44 PM
I'd defo contact them Chris as its just plain rude.

Someone mentioned elsewhere that they were sent a load of selected images they just chose to ignore and pluck things from elsewhere. Which seems a very strange thing to do?

Yeah, I think I'll try and get hold of a copy tomorrow so I can see it with my own eyes, before I unleash the hounds

HOO-HAA

The bloody cheek of them!  :(

Mind you, it's great to be 'the chosen one' even if you weren't consulted...

COMMANDO FORCES

You think that's bad. In the Judge Minty article they credit Termight Replicas as supplying the costumes when it is in fact Daniel Carey-George's hard work (and bloody amazing stuff it is as well).

Steve Green

That's a bit fucking shit.

Haven't seen the mag yet - presumably they just googled Dredd Helmet and took the first hit as the source of the costumes.

Shabby.

chris_askham

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 16 March, 2010, 10:06:06 PM
You think that's bad. In the Judge Minty article they credit Termight Replicas as supplying the costumes when it is in fact Daniel Carey-George's hard work (and bloody amazing stuff it is as well).

If you ask me, this has got the Dictators Of Zrag's fingerprints all over it...

W. R. Logan

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 16 March, 2010, 05:20:01 PM
That's pretty rum, Chris. I've no idea where you stand with copyright but for sure they don't have the right to use your artwork without your permission. What a bunch of numbskulls.

You could argue it the other way did Chris ask before he used a picture of Hammerstein 8-)