Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

I just got three tickets for Faith No More at Hammersmith in July.  :D
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

dweezil2

Quote from: Albion on 23 April, 2012, 09:18:08 AM
I just got three tickets for Faith No More at Hammersmith in July.  :D

Me too!

Might see you there ;-)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

COMMANDO FORCES

Just booked tickets for London Broncos vs Hull FC as the game is being held up the road in Gillingham. Sam loves a bit of RL on the telly, so let's see if he enjoys it in the flesh, Go Broncos  :D

Roger Godpleton

I got up at 2:30 AM to walk 90-odd minutes to work because I am young and I can do stuff like that.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

maryanddavid

We had my oldests lads First Communion on Sunday, and we had a party in the house afterwards, one of the best days in a long time. All Marys and my own family including about 20 kids. When I went to put him to bed, he was bawling on his bed. I aksed why the tears and he said he didnt want the best day of his life to end!  One good party!!!

david

COMMANDO FORCES

Just back from Comic Shop Wednesday and about to read my lovelies and what falls out of one of my buys, a Judge Dredd key ring, that's what. Tharg truly is mysterious  :D

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

ming

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 25 April, 2012, 03:45:25 PM
Just back from Comic Shop Wednesday and about to read my lovelies and what falls out of one of my buys, a Judge Dredd key ring, that's what. Tharg truly is mysterious  :D

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,35933.0.html

:)

JayzusB.Christ

I can hear again, me, after nearly a week of partial deafness. Fair play to extra-strength ear drops.  Hearing is ace, never appreciated it so much before (hope you don't mind me saying this, Goaty).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Spaceghost

I'm off to see Edan and Mr. Lif, two of my favourite rappers, performing on the same night in Leeds on Saturday night. Can't wait! I've seen Edan before and he's ace live but I've been waiting years to see Mr. Lif.

Am I the only one on here who likes hip hop? Don't see it mentioned much.

And then I'm off with my boy to see The Avengers in 3D on Sunday!

Best. Weekend. Evar.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Trout

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Trout on 27 April, 2012, 11:52:11 AM
Quote from: Lee Bates on 27 April, 2012, 11:25:41 AM
Am I the only one on here who likes hip hop?

Probably.  :)

Maybe one of the only two here who likes 'that talkin' stuff' (as my friend's mother calls it), though my wigga-ness doesn't extend much further than crowd-friendly stuff like Public Enemy, NWA, Dre and what have you.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

staticgirl

Public Enemy, the occasional Daisy Age track and Saul Williams. I don't really have time to listen out for anything more in that genre given it's not my favourite...

Frank

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 April, 2012, 02:34:05 PM
Quote from: Trout on 27 April, 2012, 11:52:11 AM
Quote from: Lee Bates on 27 April, 2012, 11:25:41 AM
Am I the only one on here who likes hip hop?

Probably.  :)

Maybe one of the only two here who likes 'that talkin' stuff' (as my friend's mother calls it), though my wigga-ness doesn't extend much further than crowd-friendly stuff like Public Enemy, NWA, Dre and what have you.

I've mentioned this before, but what the hell: Yo, Bumrush the CLICK.

The acts that staticgirl name-checks suggests she'll share my thesis (and, I suspect, the film's) on exactly where that first wave of hip hop crested.  Rap's in the same state of (creative) abatement as Rock 'n' Roll was while Chuck Berry did time and Elvis made awful movies; I'd liken the last decade of bling and bitches to the worst excesses of Glam and FM rock. Hopefully something that recaptures the impulse and the energy that fueled the originators is just around the corner.

Jay Z's turned out to be more useful than his early Annie-sampling would have suggested, and Onto The Next One's a more interesting record than a middle-aged millionaire married to the most beautiful woman in the world needs or could be expected to make. The only thing that's made me want to Kill People/Burn Shit/Fuck School lately has been Tyler, though.

To return this thread to topic: I appear to have a digital prog cooling in my download folder, which is nice.