Main Menu

Slaine:BOI Volume two Scota & Tara

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 26 July, 2006, 12:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I was just wondering if anybody has ordered this book in and if they have recieved theyre's yet.

Otherwise has a official review been donme of this book yet.

I would be interested to know.

IndigoPrime

I get "bundles" of stuff from FPI when the Rebellion books are released. The most recent books I've received are Durham Red: Scarlet Cantos, the Alan Moore book, Fiends, Dredd: Kenny Who? and Case Files 3. Of those books on the 2000 AD Books website, I've yet to receive Case Files 4 (which I believe has "left the building"?Jon mentioned that it was a the distributor a week or so back), The Hunting Party or Sl?ine: BoI 2. Of course, this doesn't mean they're not generally available yet, but it's usually a reasonable guideline.

Satanist

Casefiles 4 is in the shops. I saw it yesterday.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

The Amstor Computer

Doesn't the latest ad for the Rebellion collections in the prog show Bec & Kawl and the latest Rogue Trooper collection as new releases, with Slaine Vol. 2 pegged as "coming soon"? It looks like it's hit a snag somewhere along the way (wasn't the first collection delayed as well?) and simply fallen back in the schedule.

Perhaps Jon can clarify?

ThryllSeekyr

Typical, though my finances have tightened considerably over last few weeks and for the next fortnight as I have been expecting to fork out for the first four Dredd case files and Slain Invasions volume two.

It would relieve my bank balance and so I wouldn't mind waiting alittle longer I guess.

As for Slaine....

I wanted to read the official review and perhaps see the finalised book cover.  Front and back as I inticipate a wraparound cover.

It was schedualed for the 16th of next month and shown to be available for pre-order rather than coming soon.

Could somebody link me to that website. I can never find it myself.

Jonathan O

Hi All

Slaine 2 final proofs have just dropped on my desk. I will be approving them today and the book will be out in two weeks approx. Apologies for the delay, the wait will be worth it trust me.
Bec & Kawl and Rogue: Realpolitik are August releases and will be out on time.
Dredd: Hunting Party has faced delays just due to the vast amount of 4 colour film we had to scan and the huge clean-up job on said film. However, the book is going to press today.

Cheers

Jon

The Amstor Computer

Thanks, Jon. I thought The Hunting Party might be a real test for you (and I imagine other strips from that period would be as well) but I'll be delighted if the time & effort you're all putting in turns out a collection that's up to the standard of recent reprints from around that era.

I'm assuming the digital storage of all recent prog & Meg strips makes it that much quicker & easier to get series like Bec & Kawl or the Rennie Rogue out?

ThryllSeekyr

Thanks, that's great news. Not too late, yet not too early.  

davidbishop

It'll be interesting to see The Hunting Party collected under one cover.

IIRC, there's a right mixed bag of styles and colouring on show:
Henry Flint
Sean Phillips & Dondie Cox
Trevor Hairsine
Calum Alexander Watt
more Henry
Jason Brashill
David Bircham & Dondie Cox
and yet more Henry.

davidbishop

davidbishop

It'll be interesting to see The Hunting Party collected under one cover.

IIRC, there's a right mixed bag of styles and colouring on show:
Sean Phillips & Dondie Cox
Trevor Hairsine
Calum Alexander Watt
Henry Flint;
Jason Brashill
David Bircham & Dondie Cox
and more Henry to finish.

Nice to see the collected edition throws in the precursor story The Pack (with yet more Henry art). Should give a better, more rounded tome - and means Henry's art bookends the whole thing.

davidbishop

Dark Jimbo

Is it any good? Prior to the imminent release of this TPB, I think it's the one Dredd epic (major or minor) that I've never once heard about in seven years of collecting tooth. Even Judgement Day warrants more mentions!

Love most of those artists though, and Wagner wrote it - so it surely can't be a bad story/set of stories?
@jamesfeistdraws

The Amstor Computer

Some good stories in there, IMO. It's more like the Judge Child in that it's really a kind of "road-trip" than an epic single story like the Apocalypse War or Necropolis. However, there is - as David says - quite a mixed bunch of artists & colourists on the The Hunting Party and that serves to make it feel a little more disjointed than other lengthy tales.

In a way, it's a bit of a throwback to the early days of Dredd (intentional?) and while not a patch on The Pit, it's definitely worth a read  - and Henry Flint's glorious art and monstrous dune sharks are almost worth the cover price alone.