Main Menu

RIPPED OFF...........................

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 11 August, 2006, 10:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Once again my supplier of Thrill-Power is giving me less than adaquate.

If I'm to be paying a full seven or eight dollars a prog I expect them to be in mint, emaculate, condition and still in their sealed plastic envelopes.

Cause it's proof that they haven't been tampered with
 if they have been ripped opened and aren't even in contained in a bag.

I don't wanna be paying that much money to be receiving seconds, when I expect to be given firsts.

It's a bloody insult to be recieving even just one or two magazines with a ripped spine or ripped pages and and the tell tale marks of the large fingers nails digging into the surface of the page.

It's okay if I'm buying them second hand, already a few years old. It's not okay, if I am buying progs currently available. That is, progs that are numbering ten behind the ones that are being advertised now on this website. Cause I live in Australia.

The newsagaency in question are well  aware of my concerns. Yet, give me the lame excuse that it is something beyond their control.

They keep them under the counter in a pigeon hole as I have asked them, to hold them for me. I come into their store ready to buy every month or once every two months. So I get four and the Extreem Edition.

I can tell the damage is deliberate. When it's obivious that they have flicking through, swatting flies with my purchases. Sometimes the vandilism isn't obvious until I have gotten halfway through the book to find few of the middle pages ripped. Accidently ripped, bloodly unlikely.

I can understand how boring it must be, to be sitting behind the counter of a Newstand all day. Buts it's their job and RESPOCILBILITY to serve the customer to the best of their ability and with great care. I want to feel like a valued customer whos purchgase is as important them as it is too me.

Telling them to do the right thing sounds easy to you and me, but they are idiots whom have had their whole life perfecting their speical brand of stupidity.

Sometimes I could just jump up and down and scream. Is that what they want me to do. I could complain to them you know, but they would just talk down to me like I some ibecile whom doesn't desrve fair treatment. Is their work that boring. Is this some sort of lazy attempt to get me to commit some desparate act of violence onto the
 store clerks and call in the sercurity guards and police on me drag off to the local lock-up. Though I haven't go so far as too do this YET.  Why, do they hate me that much. I don't think hatred should
come into it. They have a RESPONCILBILTY to me their customer, regardless of thei personal feelings.

Gosh, they are only working in what happens to be one of the most poshest and trendiest shopping centres this side of Brisbane. Lucky them to have a
job there.

What??? Is this because they don't like me and don't need my custom. Well too bad, I think they still have a RESPONCIBILITY. It's the reason why they work and
I am on Government allowance.

All I wanna do is buy my monthly quota of Thrill-Power, with out much hassle. As it is, I already take a hours train jounrney because no-other stores closer to me will sell it. It's not rocket science , you know. It's simple to give me what I ask for.

Like I said before, once the merchandice is damaged,
they should mark it down. Once, somebodies folded it in half, it should atleast cost only a
dollar.  As that's is all it's worth once the damage is done. I couldn't see myself making more then a
few dollars sale for each mag even if they were still brand spanking new. Not that I would, I wanna keep them.

No the ignoramis's demand me to pay full price.

I pay good money and I have the right to expect my purchaeses to be primo condition.

Any helpful advice from you people for dealing with dishonest NewStand staff.

JOE SOAP

I understand and empathise with your plight but please learn how to spell properly.

LARF

"I understand and empathise with your plight but please learn how to spell properly."

I'm styll laufing at this, its' made my dya :-)

Radbacker

umm, I dont have a problem with my progs being damaged on purpose but I do get the odd prog here and there that seems to of been damaged during shipping but hell as long as its whole and readable I dont mind.  As someone who works in retail while I can admit to being a bit of a prick to some customers(putting jobs to bottom of work run because of nasty phone calls etc) i will say I have never damged anyones stuff because they've pissed me off, and I've never seen it happen either..  
If you want your progs premo conditon you might want to try a comic shop, but expect to pay nearlly $10 a prog though(they will only be 2 or so weeks behind instead of the usual 10)

CU Radbacker

TordelBack

I dunno, garageman, not sure I agree with you... I have grammar/spelling-nazi tendencies myself, but these usually cone into play where poor use obscures meaning. I thought ThryllSeekyr made his point pretty clearly, creative spelling aside.   Spelling is a just a local short-term convention after all, and if you can make yourself understood it's pretty unimportant.

I also feel ThryllSeekyr's pain.  Back in the 80's, my newsagent used to write the Irish Punt price all over the cover in blue biro, in several places if the cover was cluttered.  Biro!  Bastards.

ARRISARRIS

...i feel sorry for this guy, he's making a valid comment about his newsagent and then somebody has a go at his spelling, even if meant as a joke it was very thoughtless, this guy is already in pain, this used to be one of the few community sites that didnt worry about spelling within its posts, whats gone wrong???...

paulvonscott

Well, you have to go somewhere else or find some other way of getting the prog.  Then just forget about these scumbags.

Matt Timson

Just get a sub- that's not exactly rocket science either.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?page=subscribe" target="_blank">Easy life

Pffft...

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm with Mr Jones.

Get a sub. Then if there are any problems the Lovely Denise (TM this board) will sort them.
Lock up your spoons!

Quirkafleeg

I think you need to get out more, Thryseeker

House of Usher

Subscription. It's always done Floyd okay. He gets his Prog before me, and I live in the UK, whereas Floyd has lived in the far east and the southern hemisphere.

And I worry about your paranoid tendencies, ThryllSeekyr, being a bit of a nut-job myself.
STRIKE !!!

ThryllSeekyr

Okay,

Garageman
 I'm, sorry about the bad diction/spelling but it happens more frequently on my longer rants.

It still makes sence though, and I'm not charging anybody money to read it.

Anyway, I've had some sleep since I posted that rant and that was just about right after I got home today from my monthly trip to that newsagency. I'm not quite as angry now. It still matters alot to me though.

Rebacker,
Just for the record, I don't, and I'm usealley on my best behavior when trying to obatain my purchases from retailers and don't see how they could get so pissed at me unless it';s the amount of trouble it takes to order in 2000AD weekly for me. Damaged Progs should be marked down in price or for free.

TordelBack,

NO, These days price tags and electronically applied with state of the art retail hardware. It's a nice neat white sticker rectangler in shape with the price written on, my first name typed in, their newsagency phone number, the name of the product 2000AD weekly and the barcode. Sometimes they don't even apply the stickers, but leave them loose inside the magazine still stuck to their backing paper. Yeah, I useallay fiond alot of scribbling on the much older back issues that I find in second hand book stores.

PaulVonScott,

This is practcally the only place for me to go ( So Guess I should pull my head in and be thankfull about that.) unless I want to travel further out of my way to make my purchases.

54 Jones, The Egnigmatic Mr X and House of User

The only thing I hate more than dealing with unreasonable retailers is paying for stuff online. It just doesn't work for me. I can't get a creditt card ( I do have badley damaged credit rating and this is another long story.) and as I don't have alot of money at the moment I can't see myself paying the couple of hundred it would cost me to buy a years subscribtion.
 Even with a money orders. Besides Australia post going international is very slow. I'm still waiting on something I ordered through Amazon.com. I may yet try this method sometime down the track when my finances have radically improved.

Quirkafleeg,

The outside world is such a vacous hole towards me at the moment.

NO I should stay in more. I'm happier that way.

Oddboy

If you're not happy using internet for banking... you could phone subscriptions (+44 1621 877250) - and set up a direct debit straight from your bank account, paid monthly ?16.95 GBP for progs & megs.

But then you'd have to factor in the phone bill.
You should be able to trust the subscription page here though, to set it up online!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Art

What if phone pirates hook into the line and steal his bank details?

Quirkafleeg

I think they are already watching him.