Main Menu

2K books in Boarders, Oxford St.

Started by Oddboy, 20 May, 2005, 12:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Was in Boarders the other day and, what with having a cameraphone and all, I can show you what I saw...

One
Look there! In the Manga section - It's SHIMURA!
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kathan/prog534/05-05-16manga.jpg" ALT="Shimera: Manga?">

Two
And look there! Devlin Waugh on the wall display, surrounded by The League of ExtraOrdinary Gentlemen - great praise indeed from whoever puts up the display!http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kathan/prog534/05-05-16devlin.jpg" ALT="Devlin: Good as League?">
Better set your phaser to stun.

James

I work in Starbucks in Borders and one of the Borders lot asked me for some help with the comic/graphic novel/etc. section. How to categorise, what to display etc.

Oddboy

The one in Oxford St? I'd've stopped for a coffee if I'd known!

Bolt-01

Hurrah for James!

Good artist too!

Bolt-01

James

No not Oxford street, Swansea if you're ever in the area...etc...

House of Usher

James - you've done it now!

I will be in Swansea one day, and when I'm there I will come and say hello to you. At work.
STRIKE !!!

Oddboy

Anyhoo - don't you love the "It's a comic, it's set in Japan - it must be manga then!" train of thought that has obviously gone into that display?

Artificial Idiot

And to think, our local Ottakyrs won't sell any 2000ad graphic novel unless it's Dredd!

Roger Godpleton

A highstreet bookstore's graphic novel selection isn't complete without a completely illogical approach to shelving.

Have you continued with this finest of traditions James?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

OldOne

Actually, it's the same on the Borders in Cambridge- great range of graphic novels, news-stand American/British comics (okay, that's only Tooth and the Meg in the British section) and a wonderful, eye-catching display of the recent 2000AD paperback editions.

Good work, bookshop fellas!