Main Menu

Addressing Australian Boarders Only

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 23 February, 2010, 07:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

That sounds very promicing, but a real magazine in my hands is still hard to beat.

Grant Goggans

Mayor, I feel you.  I've got every 2000 AD but about 40 archived on a nice shelf downstairs.  I love mah progs.  But seriously, for cost, for convenience, for reliability, for being able to read the darn stories without waiting forever for somebody to ship them to you, for being able to enjoy just how much more vibrant Clint Langley's artwork looks on the screen compared to in print, digital's the best solution.  You could be reading "The Smuggler" right now instead of debating the point!!

ThryllSeekyr

Truth is I did nothing wrong, but some one has decided to shaft me around, and if Radbacker was right! Which I'm sure he is. Then I would have the desired progs in my possession right now.

Through no fault of my own, I am without the progs I speak of.

I think I have already gone the exceptable length and shall go no further,

but despair at my loss.

Peter Wolf

Sounds like you need to do some research and find a more reliable newsagents who is willing to order progs for you which might mean it will not as close as a Km away which is pretty close.

If its those progs that you want specifically then i will consider selling you my copies that i have already read if you desperately want them otherwise i would keep trying EBAY.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

Your offer, most appreciated, but thats something I wouldn't even do.

As for research on my local newagencies. As I lived here my entire life, so far. My knowledge of these places is considerable. Yet, things change, people come and go and sometimes they go under new management.

That particular place is in the next suburb which happens to be the most convenient for myself if I am travelling on foot despite being nearly a kilometre away.

I can also get there quicker by train, as the walk from my place to the station and then to the newagaents at the next stop is considerably shorter.

In that suburb there's another newsagency, in the shopping complex off the main road down the street from that and another off the main road heading back into the actual township that might be considered closer to my place if it wasn't on the other side of the railway line. I used to bu my stcik books there. You know the ones with name slike D-Cup & Big n Bouncy

Actualley if you can imagine a railway line going into the town at one end, and the other end that eventualley gets to Brisbane, where the newagency I was talking about in the first place is at the next stop, and my suburb is halfway between them.

There are about four or five major newagencies in that town and two newstands, one at each supermarket. Of the major newagencies. One of which was selling the magazine a few months ago. I was buying them from there for a while, but stopped due to money proplems. That must have been nearly two years back now. I actualley rang them as a last resort after I found out the other place wasn't coming through for me. They  don't sell them anymore as well. They certainly didn't help me when I rang them about a month ago. Just to ask which prog was currently available. Ah no, they didn't know what I was talking about.

I almost forgot to mention there is a newstand at the mini-mart round the block, and another smaller shop afew blocks over. I haven't been to either place for ages as I don't get out much these days. The second place I mentioned. I haven't been there in early twenty years. It's just so out of way, and I very much doubt it, they would stock 2000AD. I would be very surprised if they do. Theire selection reading amterial is very limited. I doubt it would be even worth the short walk over there. I used get my tabloid magazines there. You know the type with a page three girl posing topless or nude. People Magazine A filthy habit that my addiction to 2000AD had helped me to control in the past, but lack of money and natural maturity controls that habit now.

Funny how that seems when written down.

About, little mini-mart round the block from me. A old source of junk food in happier times. I felt more welcome there when I was younger then I do now. Is because I older and more sensitive to certain things. I do certainly have more reservations about visiting this place and would be saving alot of money on junk food if I had any in the first place.

Mike Gloady

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 24 February, 2010, 11:41:35 AM
That sounds very promicing, but a real magazine in my hands is still hard to beat.
Seemingly hard to get hold of too.  Go digital and all your troubles evapourate, now I know it's not ideal, but it IS a solution.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Proudhuff

Sorry to hear your troublrs Mr Mayor, but as the man says Clickwheel is looking like yer best bet, either that or the expensive megazine subby.

PS don't buy the gun that's money you could waste on comics!
DDT did a job on me

Mike Gloady

I never thought I'd have to type this.  Even HERE.  But here goes.

"Don't buy the gun.  It's only comics, yeah?"
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

ThryllSeekyr

A gun, if only it would be so easy to obtain one. But it would seem that they're hard to get as well.

Now, I wonder about the idiots who get their hands on hand weapons and other firearms.

The ones that go postal, and get imprisoned.

If my threat has been noticed, then why haven't they contacted me, why have they not made amends.

Why should it be my life's work buying a comic.

In the past week, through EBAY, I have managed to get into contact with some of shop owners in the U.K, because I had them listed as favorites in the past.

Two of them have have answered my call, but have not completly come through for me.

If you understand, I'm on a limited budget and would like to buy all five or six progs from the same seller paying the pastage and handling fee only once.

Anyway, the strange thing is that like alot of other comic book sellers in my locality don't seel 2000AD at all.

EBAY used to be be such a rich source of 2000AD magazine. Old progs and the most recent. Now it's barren.

Just try doing a seacrh on EBAY yourselves. See what you find, and compare that with a search you did last year, a year before, three years ago.

In the very least, typing in the word Slaine still turns up some results, evenif not as much as before. I will still find a selection of Quality Comic Editions, there's always some version of the Horned God, and the souveneir hardback edtion of Time-Killer, and Slaine the King. The regular version of the Slaine Reaction Action figure. One of the foundry minatures, a few old newspaper progs or one of the ones put out in the mid ninties.

I'll tell you now, If people enjoy getting a rise out of me, then they will really love getting their head blown off as well and thats the reasonm I've really been thinking about a gun.

I'll still be sitting here in a years time, still without those prog because I beleive sincerely that I have already gone to significant lengths to obtain them.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 06 March, 2010, 12:38:22 PM
A gun, if only it would be so easy to obtain one. But it would seem that they're hard to get as well.

Now, I wonder about the idiots who get their hands on hand weapons and other firearms.

The ones that go postal, and get imprisoned.

If my threat has been noticed, then why haven't they contacted me, why have they not made amends.

I'll tell you now, If people enjoy getting a rise out of me, then they will really love getting their head blown off as well and thats the reasonm I've really been thinking about a gun.

Is this for real ??

Peter Wolf

Quote from: M.I.K. on 07 March, 2010, 12:17:31 AM
I sincerely hope not.

Comments of that nature that are posted online could easily be reported.

TordelBack

TS, if the situation is honestly bugging you that much, and none of thesuggested  alternatives work for you, I will personally undertake to buy an extra copy of 2000AD and send it to you in monthly packs or whatever.  You can sort me out for the direct costs via paypal.  The wife does loads of eBay selling, and I often send stuff to my brother in Oz, so adding an extra package a month would be no burden (just don't ask me to do it every week).  It's honestly not worth having violent fantasies about.

While we're on this subject, I've seen copies of The Courtship of Jena Makarov in various places about town for about €16, and I'd be happy to buy one and post it at cost to any needy squaxx.  Not that any of this solves a distribution/printing problem, but as a short term balm...

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 March, 2010, 08:47:31 AM
TS, if the situation is honestly bugging you that much, and none of thesuggested  alternatives work for you, I will personally undertake to buy an extra copy of 2000AD and send it to you in monthly packs or whatever.  You can sort me out for the direct costs via paypal.  The wife does loads of eBay selling, and I often send stuff to my brother in Oz, so adding an extra package a month would be no burden (just don't ask me to do it every week).  It's honestly not worth having violent fantasies about.

While we're on this subject, I've seen copies of The Courtship of Jena Makarov in various places about town for about €16, and I'd be happy to buy one and post it at cost to any needy squaxx.  Not that any of this solves a distribution/printing problem, but as a short term balm...

I offered him my back issues as i think its the Slaine issues that he is after.That was an easy commonsense solution but he wouldnt have it and i was going to say that if he had brains he would be dangerous but that might not be correct.

Roger Godpleton

This is the greatest thread of all time.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!