Main Menu

Current Population of Mega City One...?

Started by El Spurioso, 24 October, 2007, 11:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bouwel

Not matter what the population give it three months and some major disaster will be along to leave Dredd and three citizens left alive.

Or did that only happen in the 1990's progs?

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

SamuelAWilkinson

Quote from: "vzzbux"I reckon we should inundate the letters pages of both the meg and tooth demanding a storyline including the full population of the meg, finally putting this thread to bed. Though it has been fun it needs to be answered.

V

Beat you to that one. Tharg confirmed the exact population of Mega-City One around April of last year.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Proudhuff

More concerned about the number of Judges, every week another couple get bumped off, epics see hundreds killed, is the Academy  the only place they graduate from or are there more of these in other sectors?  its a worry.
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Maybe robot judges are the solution.  Oh, wait...

Bouwel

No, not robot Judges.
Clones Judges are the answ...oh...right....

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

vzzbux

Does the creation of the shanty towns mutant townships count as part of the population of the meg?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mike Gloady

If they count as Big Meg then it stands to reason that their population would count towards the Big Meg's population.  If they have a lower, protectorate or territory-like status then I presume they'd have their own figures.

Not that I know a damned thing, you understand, just riffing.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

I, Cosh

Well, the influx following the repeal of the mutie laws would've been quite significant given whole blocks were assigned to them. With the planned removal being done on a regulated, orderly basis (no doubt a hardy, indeterminate few will stick around too) and no major disaster for several years, the impact of the mutant population on Cryptodemographics can't be overstated.
We never really die.

vzzbux

Maybe the end of DOC will give us a number to go on and this age old question will be finally answered.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

Quote from: vzzbux on 22 April, 2012, 10:18:31 PM
Maybe the end of DOC will give us a number to go on and this age old question will be finally answered.

Zero?

Proudhuff

nay, One and you know who it will be.

'If I have to destroy it to save it...'
DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

Bump.

Because if you're new to the board you need to see what you're letting yourself in for.
Lock up your spoons!

SmallBlueThing

I fucking, fucking, love this board. Ive always wondered what the estimated population of the cursed earth might be- mutant and human. We seen population counts of settlements listed, from time to time, but how many are there?

SBT

Proudhuff

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 07 May, 2012, 10:09:15 PM
I fucking, fucking, love this board. Ive always wondered what the estimated population of the cursed earth might be- mutant and human. We seen population counts of settlements listed, from time to time, but how many are there?

SBT

we'll have a head count AFTER the Day of Chaos  ;)
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me