Main Menu

Bulletproof Coffin: A new Shaky Kane/David Hine project

Started by Emperor, 24 July, 2009, 09:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

I know Shaky kane is a "marmite" artist round these parts but for those who like his work the rumour of a new series at Image Comics has to be A Good Thing.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/07/24/new-image-comic-from-shaky-kane-and-david-hine/

More details as they emerge
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

Might as well post a link to the Soul Gun Warrior review thread for some previous recent SK discussion:

http://2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,24860.0.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Emperor

Apparently Shaky Kane didn't even know about this:

www.bleedingcool.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19896#post19896

sebastianhope

Man, this is good news. Anything drawn by Shaky Kane and called "The Bulletproof Coffin" can't be too bad. But that's just one man's opinion.

EDITED to add: But this David Hine, I don't know ... he is writing something for Marvel that's drawn by Frazer Irving ... so he's helping keep Gutsville from finishing.:)

Colin YNWA

Hey at last a Shaky book I should be able to get hold of. Since my rediscovery and reevaluation of Mr Kane I've tried to get hold of some of his stuff, particularly the dinosur book, its been very tricky. Maybe one day he'll put out a collection?

Emperor

Some art samples from this upcoming project - looks luverly:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/11/04/preview-bulletproof-coffin-by-david-hine/

There will be a sampler available at Bristol too.

Colin YNWA

Wow yeah that is looking nice. One to watch out for, defo.

Buddy

Shaky is nothing short of fantastic.

Gettin this!

Emperor

Oooooooo some more samples:

www.bleedingcool.com/2010/03/22/a-look-at-shaky-kane-and-david-hines-bulletproof-coffin/

I'm still in, although no suffering from "are we there yet? are we there yet?" syndrome.

Emperor

Free first issue, sweet:

www.bleedingcool.com/2010/06/28/free-the-bulletproof-coffin-1-by-david-hine-and-shaky-kane/

www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=5540

Marbles

Fantastic! Great issue - best comic I've read in a while.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

judge cooper

NAZI ZOMBIES!!!YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAARRRGH

ming

Anyone reading this?

I just came across it and ordered / pre-ordered all of it.  I know Shaky's a bit of a Marmite artist, stylewise, but I've always had a soft spot for him and this looks glorious.

Can we get him back in the Prog please, Tharg?

Buddy

Local FP didn't even know this existed when I asked for it!

Skaky tells me it'll be released as a collected volume later so I'll get that.

ming

Thanks for consolidating the threads, Emperor - completely missed this one in my crappy search effort.  Very glad to see more interest in this and Shaky!  Collected edition sounds great as well...