Main Menu

MONGROL SMUSH PUNY CANADIANS!

Started by Trout, 03 April, 2013, 06:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

MONGROL IS LEAFS FAN NOW!

Yes, I received a parcel today. I understand some boarders got together to send me a housewarming gift after our move to Canada. I know Mikey was the ringleader but I don't know who else was involved. Whoever you are, you rock. What a great bunch you are. That Mikey has great leadership potential after the riots start in the UK. Smush the system!

When the 3A models were first available, I was very, very keen to get one but felt I couldn't justify it just before we moved continents. We were watching the pennies and I was also worried about the costs of getting all our stuff over here, not least because I was shipping 60 boxes of comics! So Mongrol is a very kind and thoughtful gift and I can't thank you enough.

It's often said that 2000AD fans are the nicest on the internet. I've been a member of this board for many years and I've met so many great people through it. Yes, there have been a very few... challenging... individuals but overall I know I can come here and find people of like minds and good hearts. I'm proud to be a Squaxx dek Thargo!

This is Mongrol after meeting me and my son Max, who was named after a certain wearer of pinstripes. Max is only three, so he's utterly fascinated by Mongrol but I'm keeping him out of reach!

Mongrol, meanwhile, has settled in well. He's been to Tim Hortons and has decided he's a Canadian now.

Great big thanks to you all!

- Tickled Trout

Trout

By the way, my wife sends her thanks. I suspect there was sarcasm in her voice but I didn't care. I was playing with Mongrol!

Hawkmumbler

Congratulations on the big move! What a great gift that was bestowed upon you! :D

Richmond Clements

Shouldn't it be, "Mongrol SMUSH! eh?"

JayzusB.Christ

Quotemy son Max, who was named after a certain wearer of pinstripes.

You're a gem, you truly are. Kraft Dinners all round!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Frank

Mongrol's setting a very bad example for your wee fella in that picture, Trout. His first class photo in his new school should be a treat if he imitates that pose.

maryanddavid

This board is just the best, looks class Trout.

Trout

Cheers, lads.

Max is a supercool hepcat.  :D

judgefloyd

Canada's gain is Scotland's loss - enjoy your life in Terrance and Phillip land

Link Prime

That Tim Hortons coffee cup is making my mouth water.
How many of those infernal things have you put away since arriving in Maple Leaf land Trout?

Proudhuff

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 03 April, 2013, 10:05:08 PM

hey I done that over twenty years ago! didn't know we had that in common too. Glad to hear you have all arrived safe and sound, looking forward to regular dispatches from the land of the Beaver :D

Br Pure! Be Vidyadda yadda
DDT did a job on me

Trout

Quote from: Proudhuff on 04 April, 2013, 02:36:47 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 03 April, 2013, 10:05:08 PM

hey I done that over twenty years ago! didn't know we had that in common too.

I think we had that conversation when we were drunk. :-D

Quote from: Link Prime on 04 April, 2013, 09:54:26 AM
That Tim Hortons coffee cup is making my mouth water.
How many of those infernal things have you put away since arriving in Maple Leaf land Trout?

Many. Many, many, many. Yum!

Cheers, everyone!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Proudhuff on 04 April, 2013, 03:23:30 PM
vague memory surfaces  :-[

After a few beers (and a few years) you're lucky it's vague - better than nothing!
Lock up your spoons!