Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

2000AD Prog 239: Nemesis vs Torquemada...

Gibson on Ace Trucking Co, Dredd gets out the sonic, photos of the space shuttle are faked!

sheridan

2000AD Prog 240: "So what's the cure?" "We don't know!" Block Mania

The mystery of Max Normal's underwear is not investigated in this blog post (it's polka dot on Bolland's cover and striped in Smith's internal panels).

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: sheridan on 28 March, 2020, 11:09:53 AM
I didn't have the catholic education that Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill had, but I can still picture the hymn-like dirge that is the Deviatus (I'm picking the second out of the three verses printed)

ISTR Pat Mills saying somewhere that the Deviatus was sung to the tune of 'Onward Christian Soldiers', so, yep, just a dirge...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

sheridan

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 28 March, 2020, 03:44:39 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 28 March, 2020, 11:09:53 AM
I didn't have the catholic education that Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill had, but I can still picture the hymn-like dirge that is the Deviatus (I'm picking the second out of the three verses printed)

ISTR Pat Mills saying somewhere that the Deviatus was sung to the tune of 'Onward Christian Soldiers', so, yep, just a dirge...

Thanks for reminding me what that hymn was called - it is the tune I always read the Deviatus in!

sheridan

2000AD Prog 241: Avenge our murder most foul!

One message we can take from this week's Dredd is to stockpile water (but not Walter) :O

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD Prog 243: "The game's over, Tallon! You're our target now!" The hunt is on in the Mean Arena!

Nemesis is rushing to a conclusion, as is Block Mania.  Are either of those stories on the centre pages?

SpaceSpinner2000

Oh man, so very close to that button getting pressed!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD Prog 245: "Let the apocalypse begin!" Target Mega-City One! Tharg's 1982 calendar – part 1 this prog!

Here it is - a momentous event starts this prog.  Something which has repercussions for some time after.  It's mentioned right there on the cover.  The first part of Tharg's 1982 calendar.

sheridan

Fungus

Don't think our isolation is quite 'self-imposed' !-)

paddykafka

I have noticed a somewhat ironic banner advert, popping up at the end of my screen when I log onto the pages for this blog, from the Spring Hotels Group.

"#Let's Make 2020 the Best Year Ever. From Tenerife. Join us Now."

10 out of 10 for optimism on their part.

sheridan

Quote from: paddykafka on 03 April, 2020, 04:17:56 PM
I have noticed a somewhat ironic banner advert, popping up at the end of my screen when I log onto the pages for this blog, from the Spring Hotels Group.

"#Let's Make 2020 the Best Year Ever. From Tenerife. Join us Now."

10 out of 10 for optimism on their part.

I usually view it in firefox (which has inbuilt ad blocking) so miss such things.  Just had a look in M$'s browser and had an advert...