Main Menu

Block War Expansion and New Miniatures Unboxing Video

Started by The Bissler, 18 March, 2023, 08:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bissler

Hi all,

I just received Warlord Games' Block War expansion and new miniatures packs for the Judge Dredd Miniatures Game. I've recorded an unboxing video for anyone interested, covering the Block War expansion itself and all the new miniatures packs - Justice Department Riot Central, Fatties At War and Mega-City Resident Mob. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/TUEiJ9yWQ7I

Trooper McFad

Is this the first posting of the year?
I'll have a look at this over the remainder of the weekend- I'm tempted to get these so an unboxing will be useful. Are you going to get them done professionally or doing them yourself?
I am also waiting on Warlords next vehicle from the Mc-1 world which was hinted at a week or so ago in their weekly newsletter
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Bissler

Hey Trooper, yes, I was having a bit of a break from the channel to do some writing but I'm gearing up again to get gaming again!
I'll be commissioning my friend Simon to paint them again, he did the previous minis which I was delighted with (and he's just finished painting our Space Hulk collection of over 100 minis, more on that coming soon on the channel)!
Yeah, the stats for the Pat Wagon are in the new supplement (which I'm just sitting down to read now) so I'm excited to have that as well as Rico and Blanche Tatum who are also on the way!
Most of all though, I'm looking forward to giving the new campaign a go! Hopefully Billy Paxton Block will conquer the city!

Trooper McFad

Excellent news I look forward to all your new vid's 👍🏻

sheridan

Quote from: The Bissler on 19 March, 2023, 01:02:32 PMMost of all though, I'm looking forward to giving the new campaign a go! Hopefully Billy Paxton Block will conquer the city!

What's the warcry for Billy Paxton Block?  Hoping it's "Game over, man, game over!"

p.s. just watched the video earlier today, independent of this thread.  I was wondering if you were a forumite (no doubt I subscribed after a posting by yourself last year).

Leigh S

Any new pics of unrevealed minis or stats for as yet undisclosed releases?

Quote from: The Bissler on 19 March, 2023, 01:02:32 PMHey Trooper, yes, I was having a bit of a break from the channel to do some writing but I'm gearing up again to get gaming again!
I'll be commissioning my friend Simon to paint them again, he did the previous minis which I was delighted with (and he's just finished painting our Space Hulk collection of over 100 minis, more on that coming soon on the channel)!
Yeah, the stats for the Pat Wagon are in the new supplement (which I'm just sitting down to read now) so I'm excited to have that as well as Rico and Blanche Tatum who are also on the way!
Most of all though, I'm looking forward to giving the new campaign a go! Hopefully Billy Paxton Block will conquer the city!

The Bissler

Quote from: sheridan on 19 March, 2023, 06:15:49 PM
Quote from: The Bissler on 19 March, 2023, 01:02:32 PMMost of all though, I'm looking forward to giving the new campaign a go! Hopefully Billy Paxton Block will conquer the city!

What's the warcry for Billy Paxton Block?  Hoping it's "Game over, man, game over!"

p.s. just watched the video earlier today, independent of this thread.  I was wondering if you were a forumite (no doubt I subscribed after a posting by yourself last year).

Haha, you read my mind! When I recorded it, one take had me doing that exact quote for the war cry! I felt a bit cringey doing a Paxton impression so it ended up on the cutting room floor!

Thanks for the subscribe, that is greatly appreciated! Yes, I haven't been active on the forum for a while, but you may have spotted me sharing links for my friend Allan Stenhouse's epic Strontium Dog: The Killing campaign here? He put so much work into the series with loads of photoshop effects but, more importantly, recreated the look and feel of the comic, so much so that it is a real love letter to the strip. I wish he'd fudged a few rolls along the way but it was a real pleasure to turn his reports into video!

The Bissler

Quote from: Leigh S on 19 March, 2023, 07:35:08 PMAny new pics of unrevealed minis or stats for as yet undisclosed releases?

Quote from: The Bissler on 19 March, 2023, 01:02:32 PMHey Trooper, yes, I was having a bit of a break from the channel to do some writing but I'm gearing up again to get gaming again!

Yes, quite a few! I don't remember seeing Stan Lee, Devlin Waugh or Rico before! Also quite a few new nameless characters. You've probably seen the Pat Wagon and mounted spit cannon but a sonic cannon is on the way!

The Bissler

I've just finished reading the supplement rules and I have to say I'm really impressed. It has 12 new scenarios which all sound like they'll be terrific to play! The big change though may seem innocuous to anyone unfamiliar with the game, but the fact that neither player is a Justice Department player, the balance issues the game was suffering* are immediately remedied! (Judges still feature, just not on the same way.)

*Last year creator Andy Chambers came up with a Chip Cap rule to help deal with the problem that Judges were struggling to deal with perps' larger numbers. It also works very well!

Trooper McFad

Watched the opening - it looks pretty good especially the new fatties.

Definitely looking forward to see the future releases as well and your play throughs

The Bissler

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 21 March, 2023, 03:04:59 PMWatched the opening - it looks pretty good especially the new fatties.

Definitely looking forward to see the future releases as well and your play throughs

Thank you TM! I'm looking forward to playing the new scenarios! Cheers for tuning in!