Main Menu

New and upcoming partworks

Started by rogue69, 17 January, 2018, 03:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Just got a promo email from Hachette today advertising the X-Men and the Aliens & Predator collections as both being 4 issue runs

Erathix

Wait so what does that mean? Are Hachette going through with them or did they decide to leave them at 4 Issues and not release the collection? I'm hoping this means we're getting somewhere with them since I was very much interested in the Aliens/Predator Partwork Collection. Looked amazing.

I'm also still in the party of wondering why in the hell Hachette haven't released their Star Wars series outside of France yet. It's exactly in the style of their ongoing Marvel one (which will never end at this stage, let's face it) so it should be an absolute no-brainer especially with all things Star Wars being released now, I'm surprised they're not capitalising on the property. The collection looks stunning and given all the issues released in France right now (100 and ongoing) it's had enough time to decide if it's worth their time or not. The spine-art is very nice and it's definitely going to be a popular release.

Hachette so far isn't providing much info on collections that will succeed their 2000AD and Transformers ones, they're both late into their runs, the Deadpool one is underperforming (I think trying to create a Partwork series solely on the back of just Deadpool was a misfire) so where are some fresh new partworks?

rogue69

DeAgostini have a page up advertising the Star Wars Graphic Novel Collection but when you click on the order now button you get a notice saying that this page cannot be found It may have been moved or deleted.

Erathix

I definitely do not want De Agostini to handle the Star Wars collection, their version looks like a cheap, knock-off version in comparison to Hachette's. They've never handled a comic partworks before and the book artwork is not too great. Hachette's also is doing all of the non-canon Legends books which is the real draw of the collection, De Agostini, if that collection was to proceed, is only focusing on the Canon/Disney Star Wars comics. It's ultimately not worth it in the long-run.

I'd prefer a more comprehensive partwork like Hachette, given their quality and experience in handling comics related partworks.

I mean just look at the books: https://m.bedetheque.com/serie-49847-BD-Star-Wars-Legendes-La-Collection-Hachette.html

The spine art as well is pretty amazing, I'm hoping Hachette finally releases it.

rs_jr

Hi

Any update on the Asterix the ultimate collection?

Has anyone been able subscribe to it? I tried but seems the website is down.

The only reason the want to get it is hopefully Hachette see a good response to it and we get more Franco Belgium comic series in the ultimate collection format, like Blueberry, Thorgal, works by Peyo, etc...

Tomwe

Quote from: rs_jr on 05 November, 2019, 05:58:45 PM
Hi

Any update on the Asterix the ultimate collection?

Has anyone been able subscribe to it? I tried but seems the website is down.

The only reason the want to get it is hopefully Hachette see a good response to it and we get more Franco Belgium comic series in the ultimate collection format, like Blueberry, Thorgal, works by Peyo, etc...

I completed the sub process but have heard nothing more, sorry.

karlos

Erathix, I got my copy of AvP vol 1 from Hachette yesterday and it's a very nice looking book indeed - with £1.99 cover price (!) but no Dave Dorman covers, for some reason.

Great to have it in hardcover, finally.

Interestingly, it came bagged with the "subscribe now!" leaflet/poster thing.

You can get the first - and only - 4 volumes from Hachette's website.

Erathix

I'm really holding out hope now that Hachette has gone through with the AvP series, it looks terrific and the Spine Art was exceptional. I've never owned any of the comics before so to collect them in this edition would be amazing. Fingers-crossed if they've sent the subscribe flyer with the issues that they're sending out. I was disheartened by the website being shut down and the link sending you to the store, I'm not sure what that means. Out of all the collections Hachette is testing (or has already out in other countries) Alien/Predator and Star Wars Legends Collections are the ones I want the most being released. There's been so many Marvel ones already, I missed out on Judge Dredd and 2000AD (way too late to start picking up now) and I enjoyed the Transformers one thus far (also collecting the Legends of Batman Eaglemoss partwork which has been really good as well.) So it would be nice to invest in some fresh new collections.

sintec

Quote from: Erathix on 06 November, 2019, 03:57:23 PM
I missed out on Judge Dredd and 2000AD (way too late to start picking up now)

It's well worth hitting ebay for second hand copies of the Mega collection, I managed to grab a complete set that way. Not sure how available the Ultimate Collection is like though as I subscribe but it feels like that's being done in smaller runs so I'd anticipate it'll be harder to find.

IndigoPrime

Also, Facebook Marketplace. I've seen huge collections of the Dredd collection on there for lowish prices.

Colin YNWA

emailed Hatchette about the Asterix collection and got this reply

QuoteThank you for your email.

The is not a definite date for releasing first issue yet unfortunately.

Please find link below with information about collection , i am afraid i would not be able to guess the accurate measurements of books. Hope this helps:

And a link to the webpage that answers neither question. Not much help alas but I do find it funny that they thought I was asking for a guess on the size as opposed to asking someone who'd know!

rs_jr

Papercutz will be retranslating Asterix and releasing them in omnibuses starting may 2020.

https://www.newsarama.com/47764-asterix-returning-to-north-america-with-reprints-of-classic-stories-this-year-s-new-volume.html

I kinda of worried that papercutz is in charge of if Asterix.

They seem to have stopped releasing the  Peyo works in the hardcover anthology series or they are just not telling us it got cancelled.

rs_jr

Realistically could machete release english version of previously released french collections like the lucky luke, blueberry, smurfs and Thorgal?

Colin YNWA

Thorgal gets a release over here from Cinebooks so not sure how the license for that sits.

As for the rest PLEASE GOD will someone release Blueberry.... yes yes I could get off my arse and learn French but it escapes why - with so much stuff being released these days - Blueberry is such a glearing omission.

Richard

Why are they re-translating Asterix? What's wrong with the existing versions?