Main Menu

The Lurker Who Came In From The Cold.

Started by Ardath Bey, 02 November, 2014, 11:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardath Bey

Hello from the Cursed Earth! Long time lurker  and trade waiter joining in. Dredd, Slaine, Dante, Savage, Dirty Frank, it's all wonderful to me.
  I'm also a huge fan of all things Warren, pre-90s Marvel and the Mignola-verse.
  I hate that I can no longer afford to take the prog or Megazine, but the birth of my second son has made that impossible. I tried digital for a while, but I prefer turning pages to swiping my finger.
  Received my first comic in 1975 (Avengers 136) and have never looked back. Well, I may have looked off to the side in the 1990s.

maryanddavid

Howdo! some great likes there, Warren and Mignola and 2000ad! Not too fussed on the MARVEL love though;-)

Fungus

Completely agree on the importance of inky page-turning. I was about to suggest that history is against us and digital comics are inevitable, our physical collections are doomed.
But: took the good lady to an excellent gig on Friday and the artist was selling both CDs and vinyl albums afterwards. It gave me hope that sense may prevail on matters digital generally. Gatefold sleeves and real comics just make me happy...

I am rambling, but y'know, I mean it  :)

Welcome Ardath. And my habit fizzled out horribly mid-90s, I think a few of us fall onto that category. Understandably.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Oh don't start the old digital vs hardcopy debate again!

Glad to hear that even with trying times, for the best of reasons, the trade program is keeping you in there.

Welcome aboard and have fun.

Ardath Bey

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead