Main Menu

Star Citizen **** back to P.C. games

Started by junox, 05 June, 2013, 09:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junox

Probably   a game that will be best enjoyed with the Occulus Rift
i was blown away when i watched this video  it has been crowd funded  kickstarter
very interesting if you make 3D
VIDEO link
http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

shaolin_monkey

Yeah, I'd be up for a bit of that!  I love my space combat games.

ThryllSeekyr

Yeah, somebody told me about this on the Elite - Dangerous thread.

I 'm very interested in the backing it Grand Marshall Reward Tier.

As I believe it will be funding until 2015, I should have enough time to come up with the money.

Rog69

I bought the Mercenary package which give alpha and beta access and I just got my first chunk of the game, the hanger module. All it allows you to do is walk around your hanger and get in and out of your ship (which is entertaining for a few minutes).

The game does sound cool and I'm sure they will come up with the goods eventually but I am starting to get concerned about them being able to cram in all of the features they keep adding as every pledge goal is reached, I think they may be stretching themselves a little too much and that they should concentrate on making the core game as good as they can before adding all the gravy.

ThryllSeekyr

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: junox on 05 June, 2013, 09:54:37 AM
Probably   a game that will be best enjoyed with the Occulus Rift
i was blown away when i watched this video  it has been crowd funded  kickstarter
very interesting if you make 3D
VIDEO link
http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

I'm curious about this Occulus Rift.  When is this going to be released to the general public.

Rog69

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 29 October, 2013, 08:44:37 AMI'm curious about this Occulus Rift.  When is this going to be released to the general public.

You can order one now for $300.00 USD if you want the beta / developer version. They seem to go for £300+ on ebay, so if it makes you sea-sick you probably won't lose money on it.

The motion sickness thing seems to affect a lot of people which is probably why there are quite a few mint condition rifts for sale on ebay right now.

From what I understand, the retail version will have higher res screens as well as other improvements, I will be waiting for retail myself although if I could afford a dev kit I would be very tempted to get one right now.

ThryllSeekyr

I think I may wait for the retail version when it's available to the public.

Any idea when it will be?

I see that both this game and Elite - Dangerous will be using this and would like to try it on those games myself.

Rog69

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 29 October, 2013, 07:34:47 PM
I think I may wait for the retail version when it's available to the public.

Any idea when it will be?

From what I understand there is no release date yet.

The V2 1080p dev unit will ship next year though and they have stated that this will be almost identical to the final retail version.