Main Menu

Solar Wind #5/Sunny #2

Started by paulvonscott, 11 April, 2005, 10:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Both should be out for the Bristol Festival, I've recieved the design for the cover of Solar Wind, and lo, it is good.

Solar Wind 5 is horror, and Sunny 2 is more girls.

I'm still putting them together, so anyone who can draw a strip or supply a feature in the next couple of weeks or should contact me.  We have more strips in both than previous issues, but many of them are shorter strips, hence the need for more artists.

It's also a case of putting the right artist with the right strip, so we still have some great strips left that tragically remain undrawn.  

It's probably gettign a bit too late, but as I said, there is still some time left, and perhaps some people have finished doing their strips for all the other comics that need artwork during the pre-Bristol crush.

Link: http://www.solarwindcomic.co.uk/" target="_blank">Solar Wind

Queen Firey-Bou

bump;

wellll since its pissing with rain again, it looks like comic art will get further up the job list than large water colour from scenic veiwpoint commission.. anyone got a wet sponge & bucket of grey paint ?

memo to self, do not do nasty & obvious characatures of people..like exes, in strips, it makes pimping your work later to anyone whos ever met you impossible .

paulvonscott

Heh heh, ah well.

I meant to say, someone said they were going to do a 'How to be a Goth' make up page.  Who was it, and will they still do it?

Any other features etc. more than welcome.

Carlsborg Expert

Art

Any more luck with finding artists? Last time I heard there were still some very important strips (i.e. MINE) that needed someone to draw them...

paulvonscott

Sorry, still not got enough artists to finish the rest of the strips.  Got some cracking ones, but no artists suited to them sadly.  Many of them need a specific style or a certain something.  Some of my scripts are among them as well so I feel your pain.  Or rather I feel my pain and look with pity upon you.

I've pretty much given up trying to get new artists now.  There's only so much I can do.  We have more artists on this issue than ever before, but they are doing less pages per artist.  I would have blamed doing two comics for some of the shortfall, but many artists actively wanted to do Sunny or Horror specifically.

Plus it's a bad time with the May festival coming up.  Most have plenty of deadlines already.

Still, what I have should be good.

WoD

paulvonscott

Depends what comes in!  Sometimes artists only send me excuses ;)

Bolt-01

but those excuses are lovingly rendered and inked with the deepest regret....

Bolt-01, not missing the deadline yet!