Main Menu

MEG 263

Started by Werepire, 17 September, 2007, 04:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

At the risk of sounding like a Bateman cartoon, I have found myself rather enjoying BoS.

Rex Banner

Pete,

I feel I should point out that I only have a colour print of the cover. The wife bought the last one there for sale. One of the reasons I married her.

IIRC Dredd was actually bigger on the pencils than the final cover. Mr Crossley did have the pencils there as well but I foolishly didn't ask if they were for sale. Although, I also picked up the pencils for a Great Moment In Thrillpower by Boo Cook that has yet to see print.

Pete Wells

Oh, that's ok then Mattew. But...

Damn you for having such an amazing wife instead!

johnnystress

I'd hate to be John  Hicklenton reading all this

I have to agree though, that this strip isn't doing it for me. I was really pleased when I heard John was doing more work for the meg and, as always his work is full of moments of brilliance, a figure here, an expression there, some great drawings. But the strip as a whole....yech

Hoagy

I think they are putting hell into comic form, from an unskilled perspective.

Hell's nasty.

Mills and Hinkleton, creating comic hell.

It'd be nice if it was explained to us why Dredd has to go through all this hell thingy, giblets arr.. skulls, bones n deadly watters. Ahem.

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

SIP

I don't know how it happened - I keep thinking back to see if I can figure out just what exactly made me do it......I just can't understand how it came to be.........

BUT

Satanus was actually the first thing I read in the Meg this month.

Ahead of a John Wagner PJ Maybe Dredd story.

(well, okay, for entirely selfish reasons I did flick through to see if I had made it into the small press section yet....it was not to be, maybe one day).

I am finding Satanus a fascinating ordeal, pehaps for all the wrong reasons, but fascinating nonetheless.

Robin Low

"It really is utterly fucking awful"

I don't why, but that line has really made me laugh, and even as I read it out loud now I'm laughing again. It's almost joyous, a fundamental truth beautifully expressed.

Regards

Robin