Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

sheridan

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD Prog 233: "Blast 'em!" "Old Stony Face" leads the Hotdog Run!

Rebellion have kindly made available the Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files Vol.5 free for download to aid Earthlets through Covid-19 self-imposed isolation.  Fortuitously this is the same point I'm at in my prog slog, so you can all read along (the Dredd bits, anyway).

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: sheridan on 22 March, 2020, 11:38:28 AM
2000AD Prog 234: Keep on trucking with Ace Trucking Co. inside Rogue Trooper battles the Raiders of the Atomic Desert!

Ace Garp joins the Dreddverse!

Ace and co appear in a Dredd strip written by a kid in one of the annuals as well. Totally non-canonical, but I love the idea that Ace Trucking is happening contemporaneously with Judge Dredd. Also, I think the precise backstory of GBH (Why is he dead? Why did Ace find him on a funeral platform? What is his society like? What conditioner does he use?) is one of the great untapped veins of thrill power in 2000AD history.
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Greg M.

Is there anything to suggest Ace Trucking Co can't be part of the Dredd universe? The annual strip is drawn by a kid, but it's written by Wagner / Grant - that's canon as far as I'm concerned!

sheridan

Quote from: Greg M. on 22 March, 2020, 08:33:14 PM
Is there anything to suggest Ace Trucking Co can't be part of the Dredd universe? The annual strip is drawn by a kid, but it's written by Wagner / Grant - that's canon as far as I'm concerned!

I have been thinking about that, and initially I thought there was nothing to stop it - after all, the only human we see in the whole story is Jago Kain and we never, ever go to Earth.

...  and then I remembered that little excursion to California where the reality bomb had hit (or whatever it's called - haven't read those episodes since the early nineties).

... of course, that's all in an alternative reality after the Garp from Barp took the Nightlight Flight, so perhaps my first paragraph in this reply still stands...

SpaceSpinner2000

2000AD extended universe is always the best!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD Prog 237: "One of you generals is a Nort spy... a man who caused a MASSACRE!

The first appearance of the Traitor General (not that it helps!)  Also, the double-decker dome returns!

sheridan