Main Menu

The end of 'Inferno'

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 July, 2009, 08:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Just wondering if anybody can throw anymore light on the 'Inferno' trouble. Not the fact that Grant Morrison could write such terrible Dredd the other Inferno from the 70s. I know from reading Thrillpower Overload that the strip got 2000ad into loads of trouble with the publishers I'm just wondering if anybody has a little more detail about what it was that coursed the trouble.

Much of the early Inferno didn't strike me as any more shocking or violent than anything the rounds at the time. Maybe Belardinelli artworked added to the impact? Does anybody know specifically what it was that so outraged people? From my reading it was something that actually made it to print. So I'm thinking Artie pouring jet fuel on Giant and threatening to set him alight? But is that really anymore shocking that stuff doing the rounds at the time????

The last few episodes are clearly horrendiously edited so have I miss read things and it was actually the stuff that we've never seen that was edited out of those last two episodes that coursed all the fuss. In which case does anybody know what actually happened and what some of the deaths that are only refered to in captions involved?

Was the ending tacked on so quickly as a result of the fuss or was the stroy due to end that way anyway???

So many questions hopefull people may know more?

Cheers

The Monarch

It was pretty much just after the action problems (which got that comic pulled because of the violence)

You are spot on about the giant bit thats what caused most of infernos problems

heres an original blog entry by David bishop on the whole thing which says things better than this rambling scot could

http://thrillpoweroverload.blogspot.com ... -2000.html