Main Menu

Comics Journal #301 - Kev O'Neill cover+interview

Started by Marbles, 07 September, 2009, 03:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Colin YNWA

I wonder who's behind that logo as well?

Nice to see Nemesis so prominent. What I won't give to have Kev O'Neil do another series of Nemesis. I know it'll probably never happen but a man can dream!

O Lucky Stevie!

O-MAMA!!!

Stevie's going to have to wait a good 10 minutes before standing up.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Grant Goggans

Looks like Armageddon from Metalzoic on there as well!  I'll have to be grabbing that issue.  ($11.99...!  Ouch!)

locustsofdeath!

A teensy bit off-topic: DOes anyone know if Kevin O'Neill rendered a few Conan the Barbarian covers back in the early 90's towards the end of that comic's run?

The reason I ask is that the covers appear to be in his style and are signed simply "O'Neill". I couldn't find the first name of the artist in the comic's credits. Thanks in advance.

Colin YNWA

Colin MacNeil did about the last years worth of covers. Not sure if you're getting your Mc's and O's mixed up?

locustsofdeath!

Maybe I am...I'll have to go and dig those comics out of the long white boxes and take a look, but you're probably right. Thanks, Colin!

Emperor

I wonder if Pete Wells is interested in doing a special one-off on his covers blog for this as someone really should track Kevin O'Neill down and get the full image for everyone to ohh and ahh over.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+