Main Menu

Mega City One

Started by HANSSEN-THE-MIGHTY, 29 October, 2009, 06:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HANSSEN-THE-MIGHTY

Well this is an copy and paste that I did to get help locating your comic company:

What comic company owns the Judge Dredd comic book?  I am on Wikipedia about Mega City One:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega-City_One

In the article from Wikipedia they mentioned this:

"Mega-City One has a far greater population density than any city in the present-day world, with a total population of over 400 million people. Most city dwellers (citizens) live in huge apartment blocks (50,000+), though many citizens live a perpetually nomadic existence in vehicular mo-pads (mobile homes) due to inadequate housing provisions. These citizens travel the city via the many public transport routes available, rarely stopping. Some mo-pads are quite luxurious, complete with swimming pools."

I'm asking if anyone know what comic company owns Judge Dredd so I can ask them do they have any detailed plans of what Mega City One looks like and what these mo-pads (mobile homes) look like.

Can anyone please help me in this?  Thank you.
Christopher Logan Hanssen
President of The BloodRayne Sarah Kerrigan Liberation Front
"Quiet, I'm good at this!"
" I got bowel in my hair!" BloodRayne
"It doesn't take a telepath to know what your thinking!" Sarah Kerrigan
"Autobots, transform and roll out!" Optimus Prime

mogzilla

hello and welcome .
    20000ad and all related characters are owned by rebellion the oxford based videogames company who did ,funnily enough, judge dredd:dredd vs death and rogue trooper.
   i think they recognise the individual creators more than the old regime did which is always good and we are STILL waiting for any announcments on new 2000ad games such as a gta dredd game we'd all love to see!

Mike Gloady

Hello again Hanssen,

Mogs is dead on.  Moreover, this VERY SITE is run by Rebellion and posting a question here will usually get a definitive answer (usually from the rest of us, but very occasionally from the creators) so don't panic.  Have a trawl through recent threads and you might even find the answers to any questions BEFORE you ask them.  Talk about service!
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

locustsofdeath!

Not sure you'll find a detailed "blueprint" or map of Mega-City One, as it is constantly evolving - and quite frankly, new blocks and other locations are made up or mentioned in nearly every story arc!

COMMANDO FORCES

There has been a map produced in the past (I do remember seeing it somewhere) which showed the sectors, like 1 to 80 North, etc..
Who knows someone may show it.

COMMANDO FORCES

I just googled Mega City One map and came up with this 'The Judge Dredd Street Sim' Haven't had time to look at it as we'll be going out to Brighton soon but I will when I get back later!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.caliber/mc1maps.htm

James Stacey

Think there is one in the Dredd RPG

Mike Gloady

There's the story where they're renumbering the sectors.... CURSE YOU MIND!  Can't remember what it's called.

Dandontdare

MC1 covers pretty much the whole of the Eastern Seaboard. At it's height, it stretched from Miami right up to New England and had a population of 800 million. However after the Sov block launched a nuclear strike, almost half the city was destroyed. The population is usulaly quoted a 400 million since then, but there have been other events with multi-million casualty rates (Necropolis, Judgement day) so the exact figure right now is ripe for geeky speculation!

Mike Gloady

There's an existing thread for just that purpose.  Although it got a bit messy.  Maybe some questions are better left unanswered.

vzzbux

I think the most pressing issue about MC1 is What it the current population count.
Now where is that thread?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

radiator

QuoteThere's the story where they're renumbering the sectors.... CURSE YOU MIND!  Can't remember what it's called.

Bob's Law?

Mike Gloady

Think that's it.  There's a map/diagram and such on one of the opening pages, isn't there?

Bouwel

I have an image of it but Photobucket seems to be playing silly buggers at the moment. I'll post it when I can.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Hoagy

Recently reread Bob's Law. Thought it was very insightful on the manipulation of governing bodies. And funny. I can't remember the counter law at the mo though.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract