Main Menu

Anyone seen 9?

Started by Roger Godpleton, 30 October, 2009, 11:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

Is it worth a cinema trip?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

Not seen that but I have seen 7 and it was Magnificent

Mike Gloady

I was going to make a cheap Beatles reference.  But I won't.  

I've seen a bit on the telly, looks odd and possibly interesting.  What's it about?

If anyone says "an hour and a half" or similar they're going over my knee.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

Where's wild-seven when you need her ;)

Roger Godpleton

Well apparently it's not even 90 minutes.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Goaty

there topic of it, with link to trailers of 9, http://2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,23841.0.html

and funny that there is District 9 and there is new film out in November "Nine" with fine cast of women! :)

Dandontdare

Guradian gave it one star - quote: "It allegedly last 79 minutes. I think it lasted 79 hours or 79 years or perhaps 79 times the space of time between the extinction of allosaurus and the rise of cro-magnon.....Like post-apocalyptic wombles or borrwers, the mites scurry about the wrecked landscape in a manner that I can only describe as uninteresting."

Mike Gloady

Ah.  That'll be a miss then.  A mediocre review can be comfortably ignored, something that damning puts me off.

Kerrin

Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 October, 2009, 06:05:49 PM
Guradian gave it one star - quote: "It allegedly last 79 minutes. I think it lasted 79 hours or 79 years or perhaps 79 times the space of time between the extinction of allosaurus and the rise of cro-magnon.....Like post-apocalyptic wombles or borrwers, the mites scurry about the wrecked landscape in a manner that I can only describe as uninteresting."

Yeah, but it is a review from Peter Bradshaw, and he is quite often full of shit.

Bouwel

The animated short the film is based on can be found online. It looks OK, but it's nothing special.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Dandontdare

Quote from: Kerrin on 30 October, 2009, 06:36:41 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 October, 2009, 06:05:49 PM

Yeah, but it is a review from Peter Bradshaw, and he is quite often full of shit.

This is true. He does say in the same review: "The film is couched in the fantastically annoying style of 'steampunk', a kind of retro--futurist blending of old fashioned clunkiness with ultra modernity". So if you like steampunk, you aren't likely to agree with his review.

I don't often read reviews of films/books/music unless it's:
a) something I have a particular interest in, or
b) only has one star, cos a good slagging is more funny than anything else!

Christov

As soon as I saw Tim Burton was even the slightest bit involved with this, my already waning interested committed suicide by leaping from a high ledge.

What an unbearable gothy hack that man is.

Mike Gloady

Burton?

I'll pass.  Nothing on earth can make me watch that man's films. 

JamesC

I saw the review on Film 2009 and it looked bloody boring.
I also thought the character design was completely unoriginal.

bluemeanie

I've seen it.
It looks gorgeous but the story is a bit out there, especially the end which was a definite "Eh?"

Not one for the kiddies though unless you want constant "Who is that?" "Why are they doing this?" "What did he just say?"