Main Menu

MY RESPONSE TO ALL MOANERS ON THIS BOARD

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 13 November, 2009, 05:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 November, 2009, 10:56:27 PM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 13 November, 2009, 08:40:30 PM
Thread please...

So ... on top of calling me a moaner, and stating that you were pleased to have pissed me off, you want to call me a liar as well? Oh, no, it's clearly me that's out of line!

Here you are, now stop shitting up the review threads, you snivelling cockweasel.

Grrr.

Jim

I already reported your last post on this thread Jim, and I really think you need to calm down.

There have been three separate threads in recent weeks in which you have resorted to foul-mouthed abuse of someone who disagrees with your opinions (although you did maintain that unlike other lesser mortals your opinions weren't actually opinions but scientific facts)

Argue your opinion to the ends of the earth, that's what we're here for, and I don't mind swearing, but when you tell people to fuck off or call them abusive names, that's well out of order (didn't we agree this on the forum rules debate some time ago - using swear words is okay, but not when you're being abusive to another boarder?).

That kind of nasty attitude is common elsewhere, but this is one forum that is relatively free of the abusive egotism that seems to infect other places on the net. Let's keep it that way.

W. R. Logan

I'm with the Jim Campbell Block!
Who you fightin' with!!!!

Dandontdare

Roger Godpleton

THE GODPLETON REPORT

November 14 2009

After reviewing this thread and related threads I have determined that our future course of action should be based upon the following general principles:

1.Since the guilty party has proven to be such a big girl, we should picture him as Mary Batson/Mary Marvel from now on. In three months time, individuals may reconsider this position at their own discretion.

1a. If anyone does decide to upgrade their opinion of the guilty party, it is highly recommended that they first picture him as Freddy Freeman for three months as a kind of buffer.

1b. Of course, some individuals might see Freddy Freeman as being worse cos he's a cripple and all.

That is all.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Colin Zeal

I was very glad to see this thread descend into total nonsense, as I post on enough forums where there is silly rowing over nothing. Apart from being a place where I can discuss 2000AD, I enjoy this board for it's sheer damn politeness. If it changes from that then I'll go and find somehwere else to waste my time while I'm at work. Not that I'm at work now, but you know what I mean.

Mike Gloady

I'm informed we're due a storm tonight. Let's hope there's no flooding.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Hoagy

I think whats best is that when seeing the thread is begun by someone you have no truck with, good buddies, you should ignore it from now on and begin the appropriate thea of your choosing at the appropriate time of traditional choosing. Yes, Jim please cool off man. I'm afraid you're about to storm off and leave up without a brilliant art comp every month. And batson and Ddd? This thread opened very abusive, mocking  polite complaints aggressively and absurdly. You could have made your point in a more diplomatic fashion, therefore proving you are a reasonable person who has been offended. People have asked for weeks for two alternating threads on both cover and in page reviews. On the threads with the cover shown too. Selective memory is also the post of those who disrespect responsibility of their own actions I've observed. Its upsetting when it gets to this. I enjoy a good arguement as much as anyone. When it gets personal the resolve gets further away and the point becomes pointless.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Bouwel

QuoteI'm informed we're due a storm tonight. Let's hope there's no flooding.

It's pee-ing down out there as I type.

Also, tea and biscuits are lovely to eat as you watch the rain.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Kerrin

We've just had an almighty hailstorm. Bugger woke me up.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Kerrin on 14 November, 2009, 08:17:44 AM

My goodness did I sleep through that? Sun is out and shining here on this lovely morning. Good, as today is market day.

COMMANDO FORCES

Just got back in from work, lots of accidents out there and one horrific one on the A13 (one person missing an arm). That's the bad weather for you and the bad driving.
My God did I miss a lot after I went, I can't even remember what Mike's running question was now, if indeed it was about running!
Anyway it's RUGBY today and I'm off tonight so I'm happy.

I love a good derailed thread, don't you?

Kerrin

Quote from: locustsoflove on 14 November, 2009, 08:25:34 AM
Quote from: Kerrin on 14 November, 2009, 08:17:44 AM

My goodness did I sleep through that? Sun is out and shining here on this lovely morning. Good, as today is market day.

Look, I know we've only got a little country here Locust, but you won't necessarily have the same weather in Cambridgeshire as we do here in W.Sussex dear boy. And when you go to market don't go swapping your prized heifer for any "magic" beans. Make sure they're real ones.

locustsofdeath!

You've gone and made me feel foolish Kerrin. I was on a bean hunt today. As such your advice will be well heeded.

...and for some reason I thought you were over this way. Not sure why. Well too bad, as we've got a little sun for market day  ;D (though as stated, I do love the rain).

COMMANDO FORCES

We like Market day. The last time we went to one we took our black markers with us as that's the best, oh hang on you meant market day. I thought you meant mark 'it' day ::)

People and their accents

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 November, 2009, 12:26:41 AM

I already reported your last post on this thread Jim, and I really think you need to calm down.

If you're genuinely offended by my posts, then put me on your ignore list and be done with it.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.