Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Van Dom on 20 November, 2009, 01:21:21 PM
Wouldnt it be cool if Rebellion started to produce one of those monthly magazines like Marvel and DC do, which is basically just a glossy 12pp "history and development of" a certain character that comes with a sculpted model of said character?

Every time I see something like this Van Dom I always wonder why not us Rebellion. Let us hope that one day this will happen and as for poor SBT we could easily surpass the 200 issue mark ;)

vzzbux

It's bad enough with the star wars model magazines without a Twoth as well.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mardroid

I don't mind the idea as long as the models are decent,for the money. (And from what I've seen, many aren't all that.) It's not as if one has to buy all these magazines after all.  I'd tend to pick just those I fancy. That's assuming the magazines have no stories 'to be continued next issue..' as well tying them together like the weekly, and are just fact files/one of stories for the particular character.

fresno bob

I want to see Lulu in the first wave,will never happen,but it would be cool.
You know why the Professor never got laid on the island, don't you?

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Mardroid on 20 November, 2009, 11:33:50 PM
It's not as if one has to buy all these magazines after all.  I'd tend to pick just those I fancy.

WHAT! Of course you do, every last one of them ;)

Dandontdare

ThryllSeekyr

T'm tempted to try making something myself.

You know like 2000AD diorama.

SmallBlueThing

but you DO have to buy all. only the first 5 go to newsies. after that its sub or regular order.

Mike Gloady

So THAT'S what happened to my Tractor magazine.....  *sigh*
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

SmallBlueThing

that tractor partwork was FANTASTIC! pink farm machinery! :-D sbt

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 21 November, 2009, 09:58:59 AM
but you DO have to buy all. only the first 5 go to newsies. after that its sub or regular order.

I suppose that the subscription would be cheaper SBT?

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 November, 2009, 04:58:54 PM
Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 21 November, 2009, 09:58:59 AM

I suppose that the subscription would be cheaper SBT?

Maybe- but I'm allergic to subscribing to things. I'd much rather support my local newsie and get things when I want them. I've been burned by subbing too often in the past- while the prog and the Meg were okay when I was having them sent to Ireland, I let that slip because despite their best efforts at packaging and addressing, I missed too many and those that did arrive were buggered beyond repair a lot of the time. When I subbed to the Fortean Times a while later, I had similar problems- and when I let THAT go, I was plagued by continual phone calls (even as late as last year, some FIVE YEARS after my sub had elapsed!) for months on end, trying to get me to resub.

And don't even get me started on the time my dad thought it was a good idea to buy me an unwanted subscription to the Readers bloody Digest... The fun I had cancelling THAT one!

SBT

ThryllSeekyr

I got sucked into this magazine buying craze where they would be seelling figurine or spare parts put togther once you had brought enough issues.

First was Robot Wars magazine based on the show in the UK hosted by the fellow who's Lister from Red Dwarf. With this you were given a robot part for most basic kind of servo robot they could come up with. I was real close to haveing most of that one before I gave it away.

Then there was Star Wars, which I brought quite a few of also.

No trinket there, but I must have brought about two folders full of that one before I threw it in.

Then there was Mystery's of Egypt whioch would also offer you a small wooden figurine of one of the Egyptian gopds. Now I thought there only so many those gods and that it would not hurt  if I started on this one, thinking it would end within the year. Anyway, perhaps one more enlightened on this board could tell enlighten me as to how many egyptian gods there really are. I think managed to get most of the ones that I knew of before I stopped collecting. Mainly because the newsies were partically unrealiable with these.

My last Magazine of this type was Horrible Science. Brought out by the people who wrote all those Hporrible History books. I have afew of those as well.
They wouild give stuff away like rubber cock roaches, slime moulds in jar, crystal that only need to be added to water, spinners, a metal container to keep evrything in, some minature rubber bodily organs. Stuff like that. I was fare way into collecting this one before I once again said {i]Thats enough, no more.[/b]

After that I was enticed by magazines about Human Anatomy that would give away plastic body parts, alowing you to eventually construct a anatomical dummy.

A Magazine on the author who wrote Charlie and the Chocalate Factory. Givng away rare and exotic sweets each week and lot background information on his works.

The last magazine I'd seen advertised was on Astronmy and they had this model of the solar system with planets revolving around the sun. It's all made of gold plated metal. A very atrractive looking object, but I resisted. Being as financial as I am now when I saw this one advertised. 

The y main probalme with these was that they doubled the very modest price of these magazines after the frist week of sales. They did cost about as much as the 2000AD magziine before the price rise. This was the same with each magazine I have listed above.

I gave all those away, because I was concentrating on 2000AD at the time, but now that even become to expencive for me and now they had a price rise.

I wonder how much is 2000AD in Australian currency now.

Bhuna

I'm still collecting these feckers after 5 years, and they are just getting better & better. I've just got nowhere to put them!

Over 110 stanard figures released (extended to 140, and plenty of specials and mega specials too!

http://www.marvel-figurines.co.uk/

(edit) Sorry didn't read the top of the page!!!  :-[
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Bhuna

QuoteNo, it would not. Having signed up for "sixty" issues of the Classic Marvel Figurine Collection, I'm slightly peeved to be sitting here staring at well over 120 of the buggering things, with at least another forty still to come. I like 'em too much to stop (and there hasn't been a price rise during the entire run) but they seem to be reeeeally scraping the barrel at the moment: A recent "special" was 'The Destroyer', a character from the early days of Timely comics, whom I'd never heard of and certainly didn't overly want a small sculpture of on my shelf. Yet there he sits.

And the "specials" now routinely sell for £20, as opposed to a tenner when they begun.

But, as I say, I like them too much to stop.

SBT

And wasn't Destroyer a great figure!!!!
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress