Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Not a fan of Leths writing but she's absolutely doing a bit.

Funt Solo

Taking Kate Leth (even if she were being absolutely serious) and using her as a yardstick for feminism in general would be like taking your output, milstar, and using it as a yardstick for English literature.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

milstar

Pathetic is your excuse at defending one of modern day cancers and sliding away blatant bigoted speeches under pretense of altruism and equality, Funt. Whatever yardstick has to do with it.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Barrington Boots

Kate Leth is great. If she's annoyed Milstar I like her even better.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Are Alt-right talking points from 2011 on the TEFL syllabus now?
You may quote me on that.

milstar

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 21 August, 2021, 04:37:52 PM

Don't you have something to do in your life?

Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

M.I.K.

I think the inclusion of the tweet about Stan Lee says more about whoever put together that collage than anyone else.

Funt Solo

Quote from: milstar on 21 August, 2021, 04:41:27 PM
Quote from: Barrington Boots on 21 August, 2021, 04:37:52 PM

Don't you have something to do in your life?

Yes, Barrington Boots! Go make a trifle or something!

Actually, why is your profile pic a trifle?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Mister Pops on 21 August, 2021, 04:40:23 PM
Are Alt-right talking points from 2011 on the TEFL syllabus now?

This is the bit that really amuses me. I remember this guff making the rounds the first time, and the faux outrage was as laughable then as it is now.

A-Rs are a peculiar breed.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Funt Solo on 21 August, 2021, 04:45:40 PM

Ha! I don't read Milstar's posts as he's an rightwing troll, but he certainly chastised me here, oh no

The trifle is a reference to the character Barrington Boots, as mentioned in Strontium Dog: Outlaw.  He's not a man to be trifled with.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Funt Solo

I need to re-read Outlaw. And also buy some trifle.

---

Erm ... politics ...

Nine Afghan girl robotics team members safe in Qatar

The irony (well, the most obvious one) in this story is that when they tried to come to the US as part of their Robotics competition, they were denied entry visas because Trump was hating on the Muslims. (You probably don't remember Trump, but you can look him up on Facebook Twitter Wikipedia.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

milstar

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 21 August, 2021, 04:54:55 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 21 August, 2021, 04:45:40 PM

Ha! I don't read Milstar's posts as he's an rightwing troll, but he certainly chastised me here, oh no

Is that how is someone called who points at the obvious ills of the society?

Funt Solo

Quote from: milstar on 21 August, 2021, 05:15:38 PM

Milstar - all joking aside - it's a fair conclusion to come to in the circumstances. Feminism is "the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes". You've said that feminism is "hate, racism", "a mental illness", "real shady" and "misandry".

So, you're quite far off the actual definition. What conclusion should we reach?

1. You mean it. You're incredibly right wing and a probable misogynist.
2. You don't mean it. You're trolling for effect and reeling at least me in to some extent.
3. You don't understand that your equation makes no sense, so you're just ignorant.

So, the only option that Boots isn't allowing for is that you're a few bricks short of a load. In effect, in applying the title "right-wing troll" he's actually being kind.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Hawkmumbler

milstar

Quote from: Funt Solo on 21 August, 2021, 05:57:11 PM

Milstar - all joking aside - it's a fair conclusion to come to in the circumstances. Feminism is "the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes". You've said that feminism is "hate, racism", "a mental illness", "real shady" and "misandry".

So, you're quite far off the actual definition. What conclusion should we reach?

1. You mean it. You're incredibly right wing and a probable misogynist.
2. You don't mean it. You're trolling for effect and reeling at least me in to some extent.
3. You don't understand that your equation makes no sense, so you're just ignorant.

So, the only option that Boots isn't allowing for is that you're a few bricks short of a load. In effect, in applying the title "right-wing troll" he's actually being kind.

if his title is kind, then I obviously have nothing to do here.

But, let's for moment, do not take me into the equation.

QuoteMilstar - all joking aside - it's a fair conclusion to come to in the circumstances. Feminism is "the advocacy of women's rights based on the equality of the sexes".

And that would be a very reasonable thing to do. I have nothing against equality, it certainly doesn't bother me, if there is something I am against at, it's over-equality. That is, everyone deserves the same treatment, for all faults and virtues. But...

QuoteYou've said that feminism is "hate, racism", "a mental illness", "real shady" and "misandry".

To quote myself:"

QuoteBtw, I agree with the woke part A bunch of hypocrites who rant behind their computers in Beverly Hills. It's not about altruism, it's about selfishness. That's why I don't understand people who support modern day feminism. I mean, the movement should be all about equality, which is commendable; those people  who claim they are feminist, in society today, do so under the guise of hate, racism, and egalitarian sexist ideology in order to promote their own selfish desires which forgoes the rest of human kind's needs.

You may say now that I the whole feminist movement had based on one person. But Kate Leth is not the only one. There are thousand Kate Leths today; real life, Twitter, Facebook etc. If I post all that she did, but taking a very opposite route, like KillAllWomen, what it would make out of me? Right-wing troll (possibly extreme right-wing troll), need I to say more?
And I've heard all kinds of discriminatory comments coming from people of all races, gender (maybe Martians someday), but bigotry works both ways. No one should be allowed to post such wretched stuff in public. Not only gender-related stuff. James Gunn had a few tweets that were pedophiliac in nature. Sorry, but that's a big no to me. Ethan Van Sciver made a joke about Nazism and was rightfully booted off Facebook (or was it twitter? But I am stretching the subject wide now. But I think I said now everything that I had at my disposal and I feel free to add:
4.Maybe my words have some truths in them, notwithstanding that terms like right-wing pretty loose today, like woke or Nazi.