Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Four weeks worth of thrillpower, a lovely cup of tea and a vegetarian bacon butty all delivered in bed by Mrs Tips.  She then got to enjoy a. Bit of vegetarian sausage.

Yes, that is a euphemism.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Paul faplad Finch on 06 August, 2010, 03:50:16 PM
I worked for firm A for a few years. Firm A sold the busines, including staff contracts but not the land/buildings to firm B.

I worked for firm B for a few years. Firm B decided that they were closing the branch and making the entire staff redundant. This situation has lasted about a year.

Firm A have decided that they are ready to move back into the area. They still own the old site, tailor made for the job and just needing a bit of stock. Up go the banners, they'll be open before christmas, they need a full complement of staff.

I don't want to get my hopes up here but I know a lot of the management types at firm A, have good relations with them, know the job/site/customers like the back of my hand and the job is right on my doorstep. If all goes well I could be back in a job I love and am good at by years end, like I never left.

Posting in this thread may be a bit premature but fuck it, I'm excited.

It sounds like you are in a very strong position to get your old job back.If you were them would you bother with advertising and recruiting new staff members and potentially training them when instead they could just re-employ their old staff members ?

I know which i would do.

Its a no-brainer as they say.

Also my PS2 died the other day and today i bought a replacement for 12 quid.Actually i bought 2 for 25 quid plus 2 controllers.I still have some PS2 games that i am playing right now and i am not quite ready to upgrade to the next generation of games consoles yet.The great thing about capitalism and consumerism is that when i do upgrade to a 360 ican buy a used console and buy secondhand games which means that Microsoft wont get any of my cash.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Withnail's liver

Half an hour drive to the Longmynd range of hills to take the dogs for a walk. 

Spending 10 minutes just standing, looking over one of the best views in the country.
I have a heart condition.  If you hit me it's murder!

COMMANDO FORCES

The Scum that live next door are moving out  :wave: :wave: :wave:

When I drove up the road after work this morning, I saw a Luton van outside their house and family members putting stuff in the back of it. I must admit it took a lot of iron discipline to stop myself running into the house and getting some flags out and waving at them from the path.

Thank God they are going, I just feel sorry for the old couple who live the other side (Ken and Pat), as they must have been terrified with the constant anti-social behaviour. They told me they were worried that we might move, which is what our other neighbour (Anna) said as well (I must be really nice under my rough exterior). I think it's all down to being friendly with your neighbours and always looking out for each other and doing the right thing. Those next door are the sort of people you see on the news that say it's everyone elses fault and they are the nice ones  ::)

I'm not sure if they've fully gone yet but I'm sure we'll know when the darkness falls. Still I'm happy  :lol:

Jared Katooie

Today, I was walking inthe woods, and I blew a hige glob of snot out of my nose. It was seriously cool-looking. And then I went around the corner and saw two herons flying through the air.

House of Usher

That's sheer poetry. Wordsworth would be proud.
STRIKE !!!

Dandontdare

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 07 August, 2010, 02:16:27 PM
a lovely cup of tea and a vegetarian bacon butty

A vegetarian bacon butty is NOT a bacon butty. You had a textured vegetable protein butty, and if that doesn't sound as appetising, it's because it isn't.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 August, 2010, 06:56:09 PM
I must admit it took a lot of iron discipline to stop myself running into the house and getting some flags out and waving at them from the path.

I love the idea that you have flags in your house in case any spontaneous emergency waving is needed!

Jim_Campbell

...I put forward a winning entry in John Wagner's Facebook compo to suggest background graffiti for the upcoming movie!

And I get a prize, too! I know I'm too old for fanboy squeals of delight, but...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Tiplodocus

QuoteA vegetarian bacon butty is NOT a bacon butty

Well they call it vegetarian bacon on the packet so that's what I called it.  Textured vegetable whatever still sounds more appetising to me than a proper description of the alternative.

In other news, life is fantastic because I've just discovered Loch Doon in the Galloway Forest Park.  It's only an hour from the house but you get an instant sense of being away from it all.  Fine 13th Centruy Castle as well.  Lovely countryside, smashing friendly little tea room and we even saw deer gamnling through the forest.

(Sadly some eejits do leave cans and bottles and other rubbish at many camping locations - I blame this generation that learnt about camping at festivals and don't seem to think that if you bring it in to the area, you should take it out of the area)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

House of Usher

Pretend bacon is much nicer if made from Quorn than if made from TVP.

Real bacon probably is more delicious, but I don't miss it in the least.
STRIKE !!!

vzzbux

A bacon cob just cannot be beat. Has to be dripping in fat and not too crispy. No sauce as it devalues the taste.

B
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

SmallBlueThing

For the REAL taste of REAL bacon, you need a Frazzles sandwich.

The food of champions!

SBT

Trout

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 09 August, 2010, 04:06:30 PM
...I put forward a winning entry in John Wagner's Facebook compo to suggest background graffiti for the upcoming movie!

And I get a prize, too! I know I'm too old for fanboy squeals of delight, but...

Snap! :D

Albion

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 August, 2010, 03:19:45 PM
Just got confirmation of the next shoot for Judge Minty and am looking forward to a lot of fun in Wales  :D

Me too.  :D
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.