Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SmallBlueThing

...Pat Mills just wished me a merry xmas. Pat! Mills! I have baileys, i have two boys about to go to bed, i have the final two episodes of the walking dead to watch, i have all the presents wrapped, and PAT MILLS JUST WISHED ME MERRY XMAS!
SBfugginT

COMMANDO FORCES

I hand delivered all my models that need painting to a fellow forum member (captainskank) to be built and painted the other day. I'm sure you've seen some of his stuff on here every so often, well I saw it all in the flesh when I visited him and his treasure trove.
I had seen the busts of Joe and Blackblood before on here, but when I saw them I didn't realise that they were life size versions, they are fantastic!

I'm now looking forward to when he blogs about them as he builds them and when they are all done I shall pop along to bring them back home. The Death Garage kit is up first (Death when he's in the biker gear from the Batman crossover).

Peter Wolf

I got Xmas presents and a card from one of my clients i am working for at present which was unexpected.Its not totally surprising as i always build up a kind of friendship with anyone i do work for.

Still it was very thoughtful.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Devons Daddy

because its christmas
because i have time to be hear
because i am enjoying a day with the friends and children in my life.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

TordelBack

...I finally watched all of Return of the Jedi with The Boy for the first time.  As the credits rolled he turned to me and said "that was really, really good."    And actually, it was.  The weakest of the OT is still a kickass film, largely undamaged by the numerous revisions (unlike ANH). 

Top marks to Lucas for the Shaw/Christiansen switch at the end (DVD SE version), which (while it's something I personally loathe) went over very well with The Boy, who is after all watching these films 'chronologically', and is primarily a Clone Wars cartoon fan.  His only gripe through the whole film was the Vader face-reveal, where he opined "that's not Anakin's head!", so he was very happy to see 'his' Anakin make an appearance. 

I note in passing that the Luke/Vader exchange on the Forest Moon has become more moving with the passage of years - Dave Prowse can do some powerful things with that mask.  Also, the Ewoks continue to impress - those are vicious man-eating stone age bastards, judge them to be cute marketing tools and you too make Palpatine's fatal mistake.   Watching this with my kid, I was very conscious of the (retconned) light it casts on the PT and its spin-offs.  Luke is a fabulous character, and it's very obvious that even in death Yoda and Obi-Wan are still painfully, horribly wrongheaded, just as Palpatine is.  Luke is very much Qui-Gon's heir, striking out on his own and refusing to be the last weapon of the Jedi Council, taking the course that nobody expects.

Bolt-01

... I've finally found some enthusiasm for producing comics again, after about two months of sheer apathy. I've also had some rather nice promo art from one of Tharg's finest...

Peter Wolf

I have solved my paint problem as it looks like the manufacturer [Sandtex/Crown] has included the color i need into their color range as there are two colors in their range that are an exact match and i can buy them in an exterior gloss so i end up with an identical product.

I going to chat to the historian guy at the museum about this later as he will be interested and so that the solution can be forwarded to the residents association in case anyone else is having the same problem and whatever else is relevant.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

vzzbux

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 04 January, 2011, 04:45:28 PM
I have solved my paint problem as it looks like the manufacturer [Sandtex/Crown] has included the color i need into their color range as there are two colors in their range that are an exact match and i can buy them in an exterior gloss so i end up with an identical product.

I going to chat to the historian guy at the museum about this later as he will be interested and so that the solution can be forwarded to the residents association in case anyone else is having the same problem and whatever else is relevant.

Pete are you going all American on us? Color, indeed.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

maryanddavid

Our baby arrived at last, James Dathi McDonald was born at 8.40 yesterday evening. All are well, Mary was brilliant and did it all without any painkillers. The other kids are delighted especially Brendan, he has his brother at last. The girls ar happy too, they wont have to share their room with another girl(their thinking!).

Great day.

David

Richmond Clements

Kerrin

Congratulations Mary and David! Good work team.

SmallBlueThing

Congratulations to all of you! Great news. A distressing lack of progish names in that lot though... Make sure the next one is baby Tharg!
SBT

Emp

Dandontdare