Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exilewood

Quote from: Something Fishy on 16 April, 2011, 09:59:08 AM
Have been bought a Martin OM for my upcoming 40th birthday.. sounds stunning and lovely to play.

Lovely. I've got a Martin D-41 , they really are a joy. Many happy returns!

Something Fishy

Thank you.  It's a couple of weeks until the big day so it's gone away now.

Can't wait to play it.

COMMANDO FORCES

What a laugh we've had earlier today.

As you may know I managed to get rid of the second scum family from the rented property the other day. Along with drunk driving, child neglect, drug taking (the other neighbour witnessed that), noise till 04:00 each morning, they were only claiming housing benefits for two properties as well.

Carolyn had been hearing noises each night since they had moved out a few days ago, weird! Well today she sees a load of teenagers sprint out of the property and across the road. So out I pop out to see what's going on now. I wander across the road to confront them and tell them all to fuck off, as the scum that used to live there won't be selling them drugs anymore, as they are gone.

I wander back across the road and notice the landlady is stood on the path and a locksmith is changing the locks. That lot had broken in and caused thousands of pounds worth of damage, get in  :D

She tells me what has happened and I say, oh yeah we heard all that noise but seeing as we've had that going on each night for two years we thought nothing of it. Although it did sound as those the house was being trashed but that's not our problem is it.

So they've wrecked the place have they? Well perhaps if you cared about us neighbours, who have to put up with the scummy tenants that you've put in there twice now, you wouldn't have to fork out thousands in repair bills each time. The first time I saw each of those families I knew they were scum and you only wanted a guarenteed housing benefit payment and so thought sod the neighbours!

She was shocked as she expected sympathy from me, she didn't seem to give a toss when it was affecting us lot.

This has really made my day  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's see what she does now after she's seen loads of money flow down the drain!

TordelBack

Do you do commissions, CF?   :D

If so, please present your best price for the following projects:

A recently arrived family of "mother-and-child" in a two bedroom flat turns out to actually be 10 teens and twenty-somethings, who are apparently building a car in the back garden out of spare parts - parts freshly stolen from their new neighbours.  Nearly every morning for a week now someone has lost a battery or a spare wheel.  This year already I've had to chase off two (other) teens helping themselves to tools from the back of a sparks' van, and late last year I watched in amazement as two tweenies tried to hide a giant flatscreen TV in the bushes outside my house.  Both in broad daylight.  

Not particularly disruptive, but elsewhere on my terrace alone there are now two horses in separate back gardens (that would have to be taken through the house to get there), and the gardens are about 7m by 7m.  At least the 24hr brothel across the road seems to have closed since Christmas, cod bless the snow and the recession.  Landlords are strangely uncontactable, but at least it keeps the residents' association busy.  

Happily we've been blessed with a succession of perfect neighbours directly beside us, so we're currently regarding these delightful trends from a slightly insulated distance, but it does make it hard to view my €100K negative equity with the requisite... equanimity.

Keef Monkey

Neighbours eh!? Mine annoy me but reading this I think I've probably got it easy. The woman downstairs seems to do...something which causes such a thud that our TV visibly shakes and you can feel the couch shudder. Whatever it is she does it very often and for most of the day (it's not the occasional thud, it's like she's constantly stomping around and then jumping up and down or something, from the minute she comes in to when she goes to bed).

It's the curiosity that bugs me more than anything, I need to know what the hell she could be doing that would make a tenement building rattle like that.

TordelBack

Dandontdare

SmallBlueThing

spireite68

Because my home town team Alfreton Town need three points from 4 games to be promoted to the Conference from the Conference North and my team who I go and watch Chesterfield FC need a win from the next 2 games to secure promotion from League 2. Happy Days.
You creeps must think I sailed through space on a synthi-biscuit!

Keef Monkey

Because after a great deal of work my band's new album is out today  :D

Very very chuffed to see it on a shelf in all it's digipacked glory, can't wait to get gigging and playing the stuff!

klute

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 18 April, 2011, 05:22:06 PM
Because after a great deal of work my band's new album is out today  :D

Very very chuffed to see it on a shelf in all it's digipacked glory, can't wait to get gigging and playing the stuff!

Awesome really like let's fuck
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Something Fishy

COMMANDO FORCES

Keef Monkey

Cheers guys, sadly no vinyl! There might be a limited vinyl pressing at some point (a couple of members are total vinyl junkies so they're eager to have that happen!), but for now it's CD and smelly download all the way. Saying that Amazon and itunes don't seem to have it listed just yet, not sure what the delay is.

Peter Wolf

I have been having big serious problems with my new neighbours who have been rather boisterous and noisy and a nuisance to say the least and this morning in the early hours i finally snapped and had a go at them which very nearly resulted in a scuffle.However we all reflected on this today as i was going to go round to see them to see if we could sort things out peacefully as i thought that the whole thing was stupid but instead they called round here so we talked things through and apologised to each other and made friends so it seems it can be all worked out instead of any more unpleasentness as we can agree on terms as to when its alright to make noise and when it isnt and that kind of thing.

There has to be a compromise on noise late at night for the sake of my neighbour on the other side who goes to bed quite earlyish as she gets up for work at 7 am.

They are Africans so i told them i am African by birth [which is true] which helped quite a bit.

It just goes to show that working things out peacefully is far more productive than fighting plus there is enough of that going on as it is.

I wanted to share/offload this as i am very happy  about it and there wasnt anywhere else to post it as the only other place i post comments is an alternative media comments section that is political in nature so posting this kind of thing there would have been inappropriate.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death