Main Menu

Richard Elson or Carlos Ezquerra - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 24

Started by Colin YNWA, 03 June, 2021, 06:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sorry Richard, but someone had to...

Time for you to decide your favourite as the droids square up to the tee...

Richard Elson - more info

OR

Carlos Ezquerra - more info

Remember for this tourney you have 5 votes to distribute as you please between these two artists, whole numbers only. So you can vote 5 - 0; 4 - 1; or 3 - 2; either way depending on how much more you like one artist's work over the other.

If you can't be doing with that just name your favourite - remember bold tags, or other ways of highlighting always appreciated - and I'll give them 3 votes and nowt to the other droid.

Three day votes, so this one ends morning of Sunday 6th June

Remember we only consider work for Tharg in these Tourneys

What the heck is all this about - well we have a thread for that

How does this new voting work? Look here and why again?

I don't understand how this works, what are the rules of the Ryder Cup - yep got ya covered there too

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up. Most importantly have fun!

rogue69

milstar

Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

BPP

Well this is going to be vicious for the points tally...

5-0 to Carlos. And I like Elson he can do great action and heft without it straying into silly 90s muscle comics. But.....
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

AlexF

Magnetica

Just because it's Carlos, does it mean he has to win every time?

Richard Elson has become one of my very favourites and he seems to be a perfect match to Dan Abnett's scripts. He has two stories that are his alone. There are not many of Tharg's artists who can say that.

Can the man who brought us the Stainless Steel Rat, Fiends of the Eastern Front, Al's Baby, Cursed Earth Koburn and Spectre compete with that? (There's possibly a couple of other strips I've overlooked there 😉).

Hmmmmm

Elson 2 : 3 Carlos

Tomwe

Gene The Hackman is on of my favourite modern characters... but...

Richard Elson - 1

Carlos Ezquerra - 4

paddykafka

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

broodblik

Goodness graces how do you choose?

But here we go: Carlos 3 Elson 2
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Sean SD

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Love for Ezquerra should be a given here. But Elson is one of my very favourite modern era artists. So I'm going to have to score this one as a 3-2 win for the Super Squirrel.

SBT

TordelBack

Ah well,  it had to happen to someone. It's a measure of the pure joy that Elson's art has always given me, , right from Shadows through Lawcon, Atavar, Marauder,  Kingdom and F&F that he's stealing that single point from the King, he who needs neither introduction nor justification.

Super Squirrel 4, Son of El 1.

DrJomster

Soooo unfair for anyone to go up against Carlos. Elson is an amazing talent and no mistaking, but I'm afraid Carlos pips it.

Carlos 3 Ricardo 2
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.