Best 2000 AD strips of 2023 (non-Dredd)

Started by norton canes, 02 January, 2024, 10:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grush

paddykafka

(1) Feral & Foe
(2) Azimuth
(3) Hershey

Honourable mentions: Durham Red, Hope, The Out and Rogue Trooper.

Link Prime

Really surprised myself with this, but my votes go:

1) Helium
2) Rogue Trooper
3) Hope

HM:
Proteus Vex
The Out
Azimuth

Magnetica

staticgirl

1. The Out
2. Feral & Foe
3. Helium

Just bubbling under - Hershey

Batman's Superior Cousin

norton canes, you doing the best Dredd strips topic(s) or do you want me to do them...?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Richard

1. Rogue Trooper
2. Azimuth
3. The Out

(Honourable mention to Feral & Foe.)

norton canes

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 06 January, 2024, 01:56:34 PMnorton canes, you doing the best Dredd strips topic(s) or do you want me to do them...?

Oh you go ahead! One's more then enough for me :)

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: norton canes on 06 January, 2024, 08:12:24 PM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 06 January, 2024, 01:56:34 PMnorton canes, you doing the best Dredd strips topic(s) or do you want me to do them...?

Oh you go ahead! One's more then enough for me :)

Good, I'll start the first topic hopefully tonight then.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

norton canes

Bump! Let's give this a couple more days. Can we get it onto its third page..?

AlexF

1) Azimuth
2) Maxwell's Demon - Am I the only one keen to see this develop as a series? It's like RoboHunter but with demons instead of robots, and lovely English countryside.
3) Enemy Earth - it's the breakneck pace and asbolutely bonkers art that wins for me.

bubbling under: Feral & Foe (haven't really liked this story up to now but this latest outing has won me over)
Helium (worth the wait, but not quite as thrilling as that first series. Rather falls under the Brass Sun category of wonderful character and plot in the first series, then falling headlong into an Edgingtonian race through as many worlds and ideas as he can)

broodblik

Quote from: AlexF on 10 January, 2024, 12:47:14 PMMaxwell's Demon - Am I the only one keen to see this develop as a series? It's like RoboHunter but with demons instead of robots, and lovely English countryside.

I would love to see it developed in its own series as well
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

It's been nearly six years since we last saw Brass Sun. This guy is almost as bad as Pat Mills at finishing things he's started!

Batman's Superior Cousin

1) Hershey
2) Azimuth
3) The Out

HM goes to Die Hoard (3riller), Feral and Foe, Helium, Proteus Vex & Rogue Trooper.
Texts from Last Night

Funt Solo

Quote from: Richard on 10 January, 2024, 02:13:38 PMIt's been nearly six years since we last saw Brass Sun. This guy is almost as bad as Pat Mills at finishing things he's started!

On balance, I'm pretty sure I'm worse. The trouble with Ian "this guy" Edginton is that he's created a multiverse but hasn't managed to access the alternate universe versions of himself in order to keep his multiverse plates rotating at a high enough TPP (Thrills Per Prog). It may be that the Edginton from this universe is the only one that's good at writing, and all the others are drunk on Captain McLean's Old Rotgut, or have been eaten by a monstrous horde shouting KHIII! Perhaps if he got in touch with Professor K, there might be some way of accessing a resurrection tank and getting more fingers on deck - although hopefully not the deck of the Leviathan.

Summary: yes, "this guy" - hurry up and provide us more of Brass Sun, Helium, Kingmaker, Scarlet Traces and Stickleback. And maybe Ampney, if that's not done. Detonator XI?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++