Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

And the Bush and Bin Laden families have been business partners for a long while. Apparently, the only aircraft not grounded on 9/11 was a private jet travelling from the US to Saudi Arabia carrying - the Bin Laden family on the way home from a business meeting at Bush Oil.
The Bush family is no stranger to war profiteering and treason, Old Granpa' Bush having supplied a special synthetic oil to the Luftwaffe during WWII got himself taken to court for it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

Treason?  How very dare you, sir!  Bush Jr was one of the few politicians to turn down a stay in tropical Vietnam watching hippie troublemakers like Jane Fonda and Bob Hope while smoking The Weed, and instead remained at home to protect the heart of America from Vietnamese ground troops.  You can Google it - not a single national monument was damaged by Vietnamese aggressors during Bush Jr's tenure in the national guard.

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 03 September, 2014, 02:19:53 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 03 September, 2014, 01:01:21 PM
From the 'You couldn't make it up' file: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/03/tony-blair-gq-awards_n_5757280.html?utm_hp_ref=uk&utm_hp_ref=uk
Cute link, Rich, thanks.
When I first saw this headline I gave a little snort of derision and went about my business. The second time, I noticed the GQ part and became quite baffled. Criticism of Blair is fair enough but surely the cufflink fanciers' weekly element renders it all so meaningless it's like getting annoyed about Stephen Hawking being voted Top Gear Magazine's favourite deep sea diver.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: The Cosh on 03 September, 2014, 11:37:44 PM
Criticism of Blair is fair enough but surely the cufflink fanciers' weekly element renders it all so meaningless it's like getting annoyed about Stephen Hawking being voted Top Gear Magazine's favourite deep sea diver.

I'll be nicking that.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Old Tankie

Loving this Scottish Independence debate.  Project Fear seems to have hit the buffers, now the Westminster Government have started Project Bribe!!  I wonder if it will work, I hope not!

JayzusB.Christ

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how likely a Yes vote is looking at the moment?  Last I heard it was slightly tipped in favour of the Yes side.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Steve Green

One poll had Yes slightly in front.

It's very close, going by the polls.

Steve Green

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29096458

A YouGov poll, but it's counting those who have made up their minds, I can't see what the proportion of undecideds are.

Proudhuff

I believe its about 7% but that's just from memory
DDT did a job on me

Frank

Depends who you listen to. I always thought the huge NO lead would narrow closer to polling day, but the result of the recent YouGov survey would have been unthinkable just a week ago:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/events/scotland-decides/poll-tracker

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/2a5bdce0-c4a4-11e3-b2fb-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3Cjx68qxq

Most other polls show the gap lessening but with NO still in front. I don't want to sound paranoid, but YouGov have staked a lot on their long standing prediction that NO would win by a great margin. I'm sure they would never stoop to trying to scare out the NO vote.

Steve Green

Cheers Proudhuff - 8% undecided according to a graphic on BBC News just now.

I can't remember where I read/saw it, but there was a suggestion that YouGov targeted demographics more prone to voting Yes.

Dog Deever

All the polls are biased really, and it's relatively easy to get skewed results. As Sauchie says, they have agendas to push themselves.
There's lies, damned lies and then there's statistics.

We won't really know until after the vote, I think.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

The Legendary Shark

Those who vote change nothing. Those who count the votes change perceptions. Those voted for change their minds. Those nobody votes for change everything.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dog Deever

Shark- this is not a general election, I would suggest that the break up of the UK is a pretty big change.

Those who do nothing, well... they pretty much do nothing.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.