Main Menu

GTA - for real!

Started by GordonR, 18 June, 2006, 06:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonR

The Amstor Computer

Oh, that was priceless. Loved the little touches - the name of the car popping up, the jerky running & the switching between weapons - and it's the first videogame skit I've seen in a while that really made me laugh.

Dog Deever

Cool!
I always thought that GTA Mega City would be a good tie in....We've been Dredd- how about some dodgy gangies fae MC-1? Set it within one sector, to limit size a bit, but expand the map upwards, and make flying cars and such like, so you can utilise the upper levels more. Has anyone else had this vision?
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

BMB

That would indeed be very cool to play. Although once you get '5 badges' worth of cops angry, they just vape ya!

Leigh S

If youre going to do GTA MC1, the only way forward is to be a Judge - it gets round the tricky problem of being able to shoot people without the game immediately ending for one thing!

You patrol and ahve to keep an eye out for crime thats going on - mostly surreptiously in the crowds - fail to spot enough crims and you'll get sent on the long walk! There'll also be "items" updating on your Lawmaster, which you can shoose to respond to as missions, and an overriding story arc on top of that - perfect - better n theory than GTA in fact!

The Amstor Computer

Surely the main problem with a GTA Megacity is that one of the attractions of the GTA series is being able to break the rules - speeding, killing pedestrians, robbing shops, committing major crimes etc. Would a game in that style that asked the player to prevent others from breaking the rules, while forcing you to adhere to them yourself have quite the same appeal?

I suspect any GTA-style Dredd title would quickly degenerate into a series of missions based around block wars, alien invasions or mutie incursions because of this problem.

GordonR

(That's enough boring GTA:MC-1 stuff - ed.)

ThryllSeekyr

Flying cars?

It's not hard to imagine in a GTA game. I already tried using using the flying cars cheat on San Andreas. I guess that's it vechiles in Mega City one would operate.

The problem with playing a Judge whom isn't supposed to break any rules in fighting crime. That's a tough one. I guess that he might get penalised for cutting corners and such. Breaking few rules may stoip from getting a promootion or reuslt in a heafty fine. Break too many rules and your Judge is now a crook.

satchmo

That video is brilliant!
if youve played the vigilante mission on any of the GTA games you know that law enforcement degenerates into a Maniac Cop style killathon, I had more trouble avoiding the cops than shooting the criminals!
Im sure theres a way round it for a GTA: Big Meg game, maybe similar to the good cop/bad cop system in True Crime Streets of LA. Mind you, thats not a great game : )
Imagine jacking an H Wagon though...

ThryllSeekyr

I, Cosh

Satchmo. GTA Tip: Wait until you have a tank before doing the vigilante missions.

Is it actually possible to get six wanted stars? My infamy level in Vice City was up to "World Event" and I still only had five.
We never really die.

Radbacker

David Chappelle is one funny M.F. saw this on his show last year some time and when I told me mates about it they didn't believe me, now I have proof it wasn't some drug induced hallucination.

Dredd game in a GTA environment would be tops if done right.

CU Radbacker

Dog Deever

How about set in a pre Dredd 'Pit' environment, playing as a cit. Not all judges are as good as Dredd- the comic is full of Judges getting wasted by perps- also, if being sent to the cubes was handled in a similar way- and dying too. Then it doesn't really matter how many times you get killed or arrested.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Satanist

Thats a great piss-take.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

BMB

I cant imagine a GTA:MC1 game being fun if I had to play Dredd (or any judge) as it would defeat the entire point of why I've purchased all the previous games; stealing cars and doing whatever the bloody hell I want! Except maybe if I was playing the part of a deep cover wally squad....

But in all honesty, just playing a simple cit in a GTA:MC1 would be brilliant enough with all the possibilities.