Main Menu

I finally ditched my progs

Started by Matt, 19 August, 2005, 11:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Yup, last weekend I flogged over twenty years worth of the galaxies greatest and a complete run of the Judge Dredd Megazine. The question of storage had been dogging me for a couple of years, and the birth of my daughter pretty much sealed the fate of my collection. It's actually quite liberating to ditch your prized collection and I'm chuffed with all the space I've made. So thanks to Paul for the cash and LMS for putting us in touch. Whether I'll keep up with the subscription is still up for debate. I really expected big things from Rennies last Dredd but it left me feeling cold. I'll see where he takes this latest story arc before making my mind up. Anyway, thanks to Tharg for the thrills and the board for all the time I've wasted here over the past 4 years. Maybe I'll be back? Cheers!

Funt Solo

Having just completed my collection, by cheating and using E-bay, I think the time has come to sell the lot.

I'm still swithering though, so no offers yet please for a full run of 2000AD, the Megazine, Crisis & Revolver.

Oh, how I'll weep:  oh, how my floorboards and desire for minimalism will cheer.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

therev

"they'll take my back Prog's when they can pry them from my cold dead hands"

Nuff said!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Even then, if they're burned over my coffin in a bizzare Egyptian death rite then I reckon there's a 50-50 chance of my colleciton coming with me.

As for a sub, I reckon Cabs, Inc should be able to sort that out. For a price, no doubt.
Lock up your spoons!

Adrian Bamforth

How much did you sell them for?

I ask because there's a pile of progs from about 300 - 1500 upstairs at the local Oxfam bookshop and I said I would see what I could do to price them/sell them.

ADE

Megadeth

That wouldn't be Canterbury's Oxfam Bookshop would it?

I seem to remember you being around these parts.

Tweak72

'Shakes head in disappointment at some peoples lack of commitment'
Im being burnt on a pier of my comics when I die
If it?s a choice between a close family getting a new organ they need to save there life or me keeping my comics, well I think you can guess
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

House of Usher

'Shakes head in disappointment at some peoples lack of commitment' Im being burnt on a pier of my comics when I die

Ha! You call that commitment? I'm going to be burnt on a pyre of my comics before I die !!
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

longmanshort

Ha! You call that commitment? I'm going to be burnt on a pyre of my comics before I die !!

Prepare the faggots .... of fire wood!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Funt Solo

Reasons for giving up a collection:

- I hardly ever use them - and someone else might.
- They take up a LOT of space.
- Having finally bought the first 100 (approx.) that I'd never owned, not only have I already read most of the material in reprint form, but I haven't had the time to read the stuff I never read.

Reasons for not giving up a collection:

- kudos
- reference material
- one day maybe I will have the time
- kudos
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Adrian Bamforth

"That wouldn't be Canterbury's Oxfam Bookshop would it?"

Yep. Dave McKean's mother works there you know.

ADE

Megadeth

I was hoping you wouldn't say that.

That much concentrated Thrill Power on my local high street! The horrible part is that there is absolutely no way i could a) Afford them or b) find space for them.

It would be cool just to get in and read them though, some kind of 2000ad cafe with a couple of hours reading for a fiver.

Cool about the McKean connection, i was actually talking to a guy who worked in Methvens (think it was the manager) about Dave a couple of weeks ago while i was admiring the Arkham Asylum hardback.

House of Usher

A fiver??? The amount of 2000ad you could read in an hour you could buy for a fiver !! Two quid, more like.
STRIKE !!!