Main Menu

Grip: worst comic i've ever read.

Started by death monkey 23, 18 November, 2001, 03:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Unger

It's not as bad as Amazing Spider-Man #36.

death monkey 23

No, Nath, AGAIN you got it wrong.  I didn't say the comic was shit, or that you are a - ahem - "dick head".  

The comic, by its mere existence, states this.  The comic is a statement - an indictment, if you will, that bullshit will supersede a good comic sales-wise, because the comics are bought by people like YOU, Nathan.
You make me sick.

Do you understand what I'm driving at?  COME ON, MAN!  PLEASE - JUST DON'T READ GRIP!  FOR MY SAKE IF NOT YOURS, PLEASE BUY 2,000 ISSUES OF OUTLAW NATION INSTEAD!  IT'S 2,000 TIMES BETTER THAN GRIP, AND IF EVERYONE DID THAT THEN IT WOULDN'T GET CANNED!

nathan

Death Monkey. You read a comic aimed at adults. You didn't like it. Other people did. Get over it.

SInce most people here probably haven't seen Grip, please email me privately if you want to continue this.

nathanmcg@hotmail.com

O Lucky Stevie!

picked up grip on saturday but haven't had the opportunity to peruse it yet as ialso came across a copy of thomas m. disch's wonderful 1965 novel 'the genocides' on the same day, which has certainly washed away the bad taste left in my mouth by robert a. heinlein's 'orphans of the sky'. i'm fully aware of heinlein's paramount importance in the development of the sf field, but he's consistently the sole author whose work i've consistently found a burden to finish (with the exception of 'have spacesuit, will travel' & 'job: a comedy of justice', which i both enjoyed during my high school years. however, at the same age i wasn't impressed by 'friday' or 'starship troopers'--which i reread earlier this year & reaffirmed that yes, it is perhaps the singlemost morally repugnant work of fiction i've ever read--as well as being uninterested in completing 'door into summer' & 'glory road').

anyway, getting back to grip, it can't possibly be anyworse than the plot & dialogue of the current angel & the ape miniseries. no wonder i haven't read a word of howard chaykin's work since i my first encounter with his work ten years ago (a copy of 'black kiss' that a friend i perused when i was working in a local comic shop). chaykin is the larry flint of comics... if only dc/vertigo would print fleep bond's gorgeous art uncluttered by lettering...

steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"