Main Menu

STONE ISLAND SIGNING IN OXFORD ON 3 MAY!

Started by 2000AD Online, 25 April, 2008, 05:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

As part of the events celebrating Free Comic-Book Day on Saturday 3 May 2008, Ian Edginton and Simon Davis will be signing copies of the zarjaz Stone Island graphic novel at Videosyncratic in Oxford.

The signing takes place between 1-3pm at Videosyncratic, 101 Cowley Road, Oxford OX4. Don't miss it, Earthlets!

For further info, go to: www.videosyncratic.com

SPLUNDIG VUR THRIGG!

Link: Tharg's Newsround

Trout

Will they have their cocks out?

Sorry.

- Trout

Funt Solo

Stoney Island!  With it's ... stoney island!

(Sorry - I mis-read the title of the thread.)

(Hope there are some Absolutely fans out there.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Buttonman

Is that a hybrid of Stoneybridge and Craggy island?

TordelBack

Stoney Island!  Gateway to Helldimension and Purplecock!

Funt Solo

Prog 1584, Dead Eyes, Frame 1: check out Stig's enormous willie!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Dark Jimbo

If you fellas can bear to turn the conversation away from cocks for a moment, what's this Free Comic-book Day all about, then?
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

It appears to be a way of forcing retailers to pay for the advertising of publishers' products.  

Each opubklisher produces a series of 'free' comics, often reprint or half-length issues, to be given away to kids (read: voracious scalpers) in their local comics shop  to increase awareness of the broad joys of comic reading.   Alas, as I understand it there's no 'Free' about it - the retailer has to pay for each comic that they give away to the rapacious hordes, thus making it somewhat unpopular in certain circles.  

Imagine your shop full of people taking free comics you've actually paid for,  and not buying any of the ones you're trying to sell.  Joy.

Still, I enjoy some of the odds and ends I pick up each year.

Hoagy

Check out Tordleback!Trying to imbue a subliminal cock into his post.:)

You forgot the second c-T!
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

TordelBack

Blimey, a genuine freudian acrostic!

viddyoh

Hello!

I'm Jon, the owner of Videosyncratic.
Tordelback is not wrong about the workings of Free Comic Book Day, but it's not forced upon retailers, we do it cos we want to and it's not easy for independent shops these days, so anything that gets us free press attention and new people through the door is a pretty cool thing.

Anyway, yeah, free comic book day!

Simon, Ian and Matt will be instore between 1pm - 3pm. Along with signing Stone Island, we've had some gorgeous quality lithographs printed up of one of Simon's pieces of Dredd artwork. These are limited to 500 and are completely free and will be signed for free. All you have to do is get yourselves down here.

Oxford is amazingly easy to get to from London (takes about an hour, with buses leaving every 10 minutes) and the Oxford Tube and Oxford Espress buses both stop at St Clements, just a five minute walk from the shop.

Other FCBD stuff: We'll be giving away 16 of the titles, along with the free star wars toys. We open at 10am. The signing is 1pm - 3pm. In the evening, there will be a comic book themed gig at the Port Mahon featuring Smilex (www.myspace.com/smilex) performing in Batman supervillain costume VS The Palace of Righteous Justice (www.myspace.com/thepalaceofrighteousjustice) who are the perverted spandex-clad justice league of  East Oxford.   Support apparently comes from a guy who will be playing Jimi Hendrix covers but changing the words to make them relevant to comics. I know. The gig will be preceded by a comic quiz with prizes.

I hope to see some of you, could be a nice daytrip  for non-locals.

Jon

VIDEOSYNCRATIC, 101 COWLEY ROAD, OXFORD, OX4 1HU. TEL: 01865 792220

Large48

Popped in to see the boys at this. Tharg (and Mrs Tharg) where also there.

Seemed to be going down ok with the punters and various sales of Stone Island seemed to be happening.

Couple of other points;

The blokes dressed as Wolverine and Batman where short and skinny so looked very wierd but the kids loved them.

Oh and Jon looks just like Hurley..... :-)
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]