Main Menu

New Rebellion AvP game

Started by Satanist, 11 February, 2009, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Like!  But what would Ron Jeremy think?  Is this worse than a 10 man bukkake, but better than a 30 man gang-bang?  It's so difficult to get to grips with these new rating systems.

Jared Katooie

The 1999 game was amazing. I hope they don't add in a lot of unnecessary gimmicks into the sequel, as they pretty much hit the nail on the head first time round.

Satanist

Info blagged off another site...

SEGA's revealed three Aliens vs. Predator pre-order deals for the UK - one each for GAME, HMV and Play.

Play's bagged codes to unlock new looks for characters. There's the Serpent Hunter skin for Predators, Sergeant Kaneko skin for Marines and Number 6 skin for Aliens. Pre-order price is £39.99 on consoles, £17.99 for PC.

GAME's been awarded the Survivor Edition of Aliens vs. Predator. This offers steel-book packaging and four multiplayer maps: docks, outpost, machine and hive. Pre-order price is £54.99 on consoles, £34.99 on PC.

And HMV's scooped the biggy: the Hunter Edition. This includes a replica facehugger alien model, Weylund-Yutani fabric badge, 3D lenticular postcard and those four maps plus steel case. Pre-order price is a surprising £59.99 on consoles, £39.99 on PC.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Noisybast

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 30 July, 2009, 01:01:32 PM
I am also going to buy a 360 but i will buy that secondhand as for ethical reasons apart from buying the game i dont want my cash going to Microsoft.

Err... I know I'm going to regret asking this, but why?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

radiator

Who actually buys those special edition things? As if games aren't expensive enough already!

Jared Katooie

Quote from: radiator on 20 January, 2010, 04:33:00 PM
Who actually buys those special edition things? As if games aren't expensive enough already!

But it comes in a STEEL case!

In other news, Australia has decided to allow Rebellion to release the game there after all! How generous of them!

uncle fester

Replica face hugger?! Sign me up! Sorry Radiator, I'm easily pleased :)

VinceBot

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 22 January, 2010, 09:07:31 PM
In other news, Australia has decided to allow Rebellion to release the game there after all! How generous of them!

Yeah, but Australia doesn't have an 18+ classification for video games, thus the ratings review board let the game through as an MA 15+.

I know what I was like at 15, but I'm not sure I'd want 15 years olds buying this game, ya know?

Mike Gloady

Knowing what *I* was like at 15 and how much I changed between then and 18, I'm not sure I'd still be interested once I was old enough.  Thank Cod I've gotten more immature with age - this is right up my street! 

Shame about the movies though.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Keef Monkey

Got my super steel swankobox HMV edition ordered! Wasn't gonna, my shelves have enough tat as it is, but the extra skins Play have didn't really impress me and HMV are only charging a fiver more than Game for a lot more stuff. Pretty damn pumped about this game, just really hope I've gotten through the meatus of Mass Effect 2 before it arrives as otherwise I'll be torn about what to play!

Pete Wells

2000AD's Mark Harrison was lead designer on this and Greg Staples did loads for it too. How can it not be amazing?

Banners

Downloading the demo from Steam now...

M@

Minkyboy

There is a demo on Steam?

...sound of door slamming and engine revving in background as Minky leaves work early with an 'emergency'.

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

uncle fester

Quote from: Banners on 04 February, 2010, 01:51:58 PM
Downloading the demo from Steam now...

M@

Must... resist... It's... dragging me in....

Banners

Yup - 20% more and there's my afternoon gone(!)

M@