Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 13 June, 2021, 08:21:22 PM
Really now isn't an ideal time to become a first time home owner, but then no time since 2008

Can confirm that pre-2008 was no picnic either.

Best of luck with the new digs, Hawk.

Funt Solo

I thought all the Flash games were dead, then I found Flashpoint.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Skateboarding 'makes me feel like I'm flying', says four-year-old

Oh, and a fun quote from mini-Solo while she was browsing in the comic shop: "This one's called 'The Last Comic You'll Ever Read' - well, I'm not getting that one, then. I love reading!"
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

milstar

Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

JayzusB.Christ

Got asked to paint a window on a pub right in the middle of Dublin last week.  Nobody was quite sure of what I should paint before I turned up (it was mainly just to block the view into the pub), but I had a fairly overly optimistic idea of suggesting Dredd.  When I met the manager, I didn't get a chance because one of the regulars suggested Dredd before I did. So now there's a permanent painting of Dredd on Cassidys of Westmoreland St.

(With all the relevant Rebellion / 2000ad legal credits of course.  And for what it's worth I combined a Robinson Dredd with a Jock one and got something way shitter than either but feck it, I've brought Dredd to one of Dublin's busiest streets.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Nice one, JBC - hope you've got a license for those scrawlbrushes, Citizen!

Any chance of a pic?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

I'll try and get a pic ASAP.

I added the copyright details as I was asked to do a few years ago (by Molch-R, iirc) with other prog-related paintings.  But the scrawl-brushes - well, a spell in the cubes would do me good, I suppose.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Just had two of my window paintings liked by Rufus fecking Dayglo. All I can think is, Jesus, man, have you not seen your own stuff yet?

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

Nice to hear, Jayzus. I'll keep an eye out for that next time I'm in town.

JayzusB.Christ

Funt Solo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 14 March, 2022, 09:00:00 PM
Just had two of my window paintings liked by Rufus fecking Dayglo. All I can think is, Jesus, man, have you not seen your own stuff yet?

That's so cool.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

Quote from: Funt Solo on 17 March, 2022, 03:11:47 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 14 March, 2022, 09:00:00 PM

That's so cool.

Jayzus it would be lovely if you could share the pictures on here as well
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++