Main Menu

Nikolai Dante - Is It All Just A Dream?

Started by iutley, 21 April, 2009, 09:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iutley

Reading the prog review threads over the last few weeks I wasa struck by the number of people commenting on how easily things were going for Dante in the latest series. And that got me thinking - could Dante still be in the Tsar's dungeons being tortured and/or going insane/being drugged? Look at the evidence- a relatively easy prison break, quick recovery from his torture, succesfully uniting people like Papa Yeltsin, his mother and Lulu, helpfully having all his old friends come back and help him. It all seems too easy.... Is the rug about to be pulled out from under us? Is Dante is worse shape than we previously thought? Could this be his last adventure in a way we weren't expecting?

radiator

I don't think it's all a dream, but I do think it's all been a bit too easy for Dante so far and we're about to see a reversal of fortunes. I reckon Arkady/Dimitri is about to make his move and usurp the Tsar. I also think we're going to see a bit of a cull of Dante's allies as well.

IndigoPrime

If the 'dream' device is used, Morrison should be strung up by the balls. Dante isn't Dallas.

Colin YNWA

Yeah have to agree it'd be a real shame if the current storyline turned out to be some kinda torture induced hallunication as its been done before. I expect there's many a twist and turn to be had but just hope its not that one, well unless it surprises me in the way its executed? Maybe the 'dream' could the the Tzars way of extracting Dante's underlaying paln... nah that doesn't really work either. Fingers crossed the story doesn't move in that direction.

Richmond Clements

See, I don't see that things have fallen into place easily for him- it's been a long- years long- slog to get to a position where Yeltsin, Lulu, his mum and everyone else were prepared to do something about the Tsar.

Dark Jimbo

It has all seemed a little easy for him since he got out of the Tsar's dungeon, but as Rac said, it's the culmination of several years worth of plotting and planning on Dante's part, pretty much since the end of Tsar Wars, moving his pieces into place for just such a rebellion. Plus the Tsar has rather alienated his people - small wonder that they're jumping aborad Dante's bandwagon in their droves.
@jamesfeistdraws

TheEdge

revolutions of the people are quick and brutal.
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

vzzbux

You just hit the nail on the head there. I think that is the reason why Dante is a character I don't like. With low or minimal effort even when the odds are stacked against him he always prevails Even after [spoiler:35xi8o7t]being nearly burnt to a crisp my big brother dearest.[/spoiler:35xi8o7t]

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "IndigoPrime"If the 'dream' device is used, Morrison should be strung up by the balls. Dante isn't Dallas.

Isn't that the title of the next book, Dante Does Dallas.

Cactus

I haven't been paying close attention to the dates, but I assume some weeks/months have passed since the jail break and we've skipped forwards to the good bit. Nikolai Dante: The Convalesence would be quite dull. Actually, no it wouldn't. It would be Nikolai Dante: Bonking for Russia.  :D

Seriously though, Vladimir did just take out NYC and even his daughter has turned against him. He was never a popular leader and now Dante has the wide base of support he needs to gather a revolutionary army. Which he's done, albeit off-page. I've seen stupider plot twists from the Morrison droid. Huntsman 5000, anyone?
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

Roger Godpleton

I had a dream last night
You were there
You held my hand so tight
I thought I'd just die
Do you remember?
When we use to have
So much fun
I used to cry sometimes
Those days are gone
Did you remember?

(Do you re...?)
I wanna go back to
Back to the days
When I needed
A little more fun
When I believed I
I believed I
Could fly so high
Through the clouds

Tear down these walls
If just for one day
Tear down these walls
I need you to stay
Stay.

Turning back time to
Times we made love
All day,
Under the sun
When I believed I
I believed I
Could fly so high
Through the clouds

Tear down these walls
If just for one day
Tear down these walls
I need you to stay
Stay.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!