Main Menu

Forum - Bug reports and issues

Started by VinceBot, 26 July, 2009, 05:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Sorry Vince, that wasn't very helpful was it? I go to the 'View unread posts' bit and there's nowt there, so I click on the 'View Active Topics' and there's loads with the 'New icon' next to 'em. I realise I''m a bugger for jumping on the forum on different machines but many of these are genuinely new posts/threads. It's been quite noticable the last few days...

It's not a big deal, I'm happy to use the Active Topics bit if it's something my end, i.e. cookies or some such.

Oh, and typically, it's working again now!

VinceBot

Thanks Pete. Can't say I can think of a reason for it to go trippy, though.

The whole mechanism should be platform-independant, so browsing multiple machines, or two browsers at the same time it should be just fine. The Active Topics was a bit of a bodge though, so there is a possibility it's gone out of whack date wise.

If it happens again, usually hitting "Mark all posts as read" will un-jam it. I don't really know enough about the inner voodoo of SMF to help much more than that.

Kerrin

I can't post links in the url brackets. Every time I click and drag a url address from the top of a web page to the brackets it just pings back again. This is on a Mac with Firefox. Any ideas?

w3bz

Hey Kerrin, could you do that before? If not, I'd just copy and paste it between the url brackets as that'll work :)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Kerrin on 20 March, 2010, 12:27:52 PM
I can't post links in the url brackets. Every time I click and drag a url address from the top of a web page to the brackets it just pings back again. This is on a Mac with Firefox. Any ideas?

Works in Safari. Just tried it in Firefox -- if you highlight the text in the address bar and drag then it does, indeed, ping back. If you drag the little 'document' icon on the immediate left of the URL text then you get the desired effect.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Kerrin

AHA! Thanks for that fellas. I was thinking I'd managed to alter some settings, or something.