Main Menu

Welcome to 2000AD Online

Started by VinceBot, 07 September, 2009, 09:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VinceBot

New to the forum? Post a new thread and introduce yourself to the other board members!

To the current board members: I can't think of anything else to say here, I just want it to be a quick easy read and encourage new users to post. Anyone got any suggestions for additional things to say?

HdE

Perhaps this isn't really applicable in this thread, but it seems like the next best place to post.

I've been away from the forums here for a little while and Ion returning, I noticed a set of rules have been posted for forum use. Having read it, I just wanted to say how excellently written, clear, reasonable and helpful they are.

I recently decided to stop using a certain message board owned by a successful American comic book publisher. The problem was that, quite simply, no clear guidance for acceptable use was provided there. The standard of moderation over there also caused me some concerns. Basically, everybody seems to get the same harsh treatment regardless of the severity or nature of the offence. It was even getting to a point recently when unintentional gaffes on the part of numerous users were being punished pretty severely.

The statement of forum rules and expected ettiquette here is really comprehensive. It's informed me of a few problems and issues that I didn't even realise were concerns for website administration and moderators, so many thanks for that.

Hopefully, nobody intends to deliberately sour the atmosphere of the message boards with unsavoury comments. But such clearly written and specific guidelines help us to be on guard against doing anything to spoil the community here.

Just my two cents, as this stuff has been on my mind for a few weeks.

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

VinceBot

Thanks HdE, we're glad everyone seems to have taken the new rules in a positive way. It hasn't really affected our moderation, just you guys now have good guidelines about whats kosher and what isn't.

We don't envisage harsh moderation techniques to be required on a frequent basis, but you never know. Hopefully as this forum grows all we'll need to do is improve the system for reporting posts and add more moderators to the staff roster.

We always try to listen to the majority or at least sensible vote from the community at large, as after all this forum is for you guys to enjoy.

HdE

Much obliged for the reply Vince! I didn't expect any feedback at all.

I won't say too much about the subject (as I'd be derailing this thread pretty spectacularly) but I can only applaud the efforts you guys have gone to.

And yeah - harsh moderation technique is rarely required in msot cases. I think that causes more problems than it solves, and only helps to foster an atmosphere of hostility.

My brief experience of these forums has been that it's usually a really fun, friendly place to post a bit of good natured rubbish, and the posters are given enough room to express themselves adequately. 'Tis a cool place to visit.  ;D
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

hitlar

The Sherman Kid

Wasn't sure where to post this but this seemed a good spot.
Just logged on to the new look forum and disappointed.The old forum look was great, absolutely nothing wrong with it whatsoever -the new look is very bland indeed, also the text seems very small when including a quote.Why was it changed at all??

IAMTHESYSTEM

Did you change the Forum due to the Spammers attacking? Damn them all. :-*
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Molch-R

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 14 June, 2011, 02:09:08 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this but this seemed a good spot.
Just logged on to the new look forum and disappointed.The old forum look was great, absolutely nothing wrong with it whatsoever -the new look is very bland indeed, also the text seems very small when including a quote.Why was it changed at all??

The old forum broke, which forced our hand somewhat. This isn't the final version of the new shiny one, so please bear with us.

w3bz

The Sherman Kid

Thanks w3bz for enlightening me :D

templar

Been subscribed for close to 2 years now and so its time to jump on here and talk some 2000AD with some like minded folks. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Tharg fills your stockings with gifts designed to thrill.

Be Well

Judge Nutmeg

hello
Judge Nutmeg reporting for duty

alyd

Hi, long time reader, first time poster :)

Richmond Clements

Welcome. That was quick! I only approved you about an hour or so ago!

Sideshow Bob

Hi All,
I'm new to all this stuff, although I've been a reader for a while I thought I'd better introduce myself..

I'm a long time 2000AD reader,  which have then led me into other Comics and Graphic novels,  which then led me into collecting artwork,  then collecting figures...etc, etc... It's a slippery slope once you start on it and somehow no matter how much you get it never seems to be enough......Coz there is always something great out there !!.......I blame the Internet ( and eBay )....

As I write this, I'm waiting for delivery of a 3A 1/6 scale Mongrol from America....Why ??....Well I saw several photos of him in other threads here,  and it looked just AWESOME !!  and I just couldn't believe how I managed to miss it when it came out in the shops... I realise it would have only been in a few select shops but it honestly completely passed me by..........My Mongrol has just arrived in Britain yesterday ( 8th ),  and now I'm like a kid again, desperate for him to arrive, to see him and unpack him.  He will have pride of place ( along with my MegaHeroes Dredd statue ) in my guitar room....

Cheers to you all, and hope to contribute to some threads soon...I've already 'met' some of you via ComicArt Fans website....Bob
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890