Pick your favourite smiley

Started by VinceBot, 16 November, 2009, 09:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which smiley sets do you prefer?

SMF
PhpBB3
SA

VinceBot

As discussed in this thread, we're considering adding 2000ad themed and other custom smilies to the forums.

Some of you might not be aware of this, but you can actually select between a choice of three different smiley styles right now; SMF, PhpBB3 and SA. If we start adding custom smilies I don't really want to maintain 3 different lists, and I'd prefer the custom smileys to be of the same "theme" rather than having hodge-podge of different appearances.

For this reason, I now invite you, if you knew you could choose or not, to pick your favourite smiley sets from the following list.
You can pick up to two, and the one with the highest results will become the default.

>:(^-^:D8):'(:-[>:D;D???:-*:-X::):(:o:):P:-;)
SMF
PhpBB3
SA

ThryllSeekyr

VinceBot

I'm glad someone knows where these come from.

Banners

Please can you register my vote for no smilies.

Cheers,

M@

Kerrin

So, we're voting on the default smiley set we want to keep, and a custom 2000ad set will be along later. Is that right?

I think you can turn off your ability to see smilies on your profile settings Matt.

Must admit I don't use them a huge amount myself but for those that do it might be fun to have some 2000ad themed ones. After all, if the Galaxy's Greatest Comic can't come up with some little cartoon faces, who can?

VinceBot

That's pretty much it Kerrin. I'm not sure the 2000AD guys have time to spare to whip up smileys right now, so I'll probably put something up in CC so you guys can try to crank out some good ones for now.

Edit: I should never have given you people the choice, I hate the PhpBB style.

pauljholden

I picked SA because they're the LEAST obnoxious, personally, I'd rather have none of the above and just plain text.

-pj

VinceBot

I hope people realised I had SA and Phpbb swapped around between the vote box and the display.  I've fixed it now, mind.

pauljholden

oh blimey, then i mean phpbb3.

Never mind.

-pj

Mike Gloady

That SA set is incredibly vile.  Either of the other two would be fine (those who dislike them can switch them off in settings after all) but I find them useful as a way of denoting when someone's joking to avoid pointless arguments.....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Banners on 16 November, 2009, 10:20:49 AM
Please can you register my vote for no smilies.

Cheers,

M@

Ditto. I hate smileys.

vzzbux

Better an emcon than a :;'><]}_|[{(~0)/-.\

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

COMMANDO FORCES

I thought that when my vote was cast, that big red box would vanish.
Alas I was wrong, aaaaargh >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

VinceBot

bluemeanie

Voted SA!!

oh crap, I thought it was "Which local Cardiff beer have you been the most sick on"

mmmm... skull attack

Really tho, they were my fave smileys of the options