Main Menu

Problems when editing pages / permissions

Started by VinceBot, 20 January, 2010, 10:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VinceBot

Anyone having trouble editing pages on the Wiki, or who sees a permissions error:

You need to logout and log back in again.
You may also need to ctrl-F5 the page, to force a refesh.

Edit: Also fixed an issue with IE8 where the subdomain independant cookies weren't being shared.

Thanks to Paul for pointing this out.

If you're still having problems, post below.

pauljholden

No work-ee for mee

If I view the source I get the message:
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.

You can view and copy the source of this page:

-pj

VinceBot

That's strange, do you get that on every page?
Try editing the sandbox - I just registered a new user and it had no problem editing that page?

pauljholden

Still not working, so I logged out and logged in (hadn't logged out before) and it's now editable!

Hurrah!

VinceBot

pauljholden

Unable to create a page,
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The title "User:Pauljholden" has been banned from creation. It matches the following blacklist entry: .*[^\P{So}¦§©®°¶№™☀-⚲✁-➾`].* <casesensitive> # "Other punctuation", with some exceptions (may need more, this is a huge character class); note that single-character titles are permitted by the title whitelist

-pj

VinceBot

Looks like the Title Blacklist, I assume that regex P is causing the error. I'll remove some of that entry and see if it lets you add the page.

Dandontdare

You've been "banned from creation" PJ? Wow, that's dissing on a biblical scale!

pauljholden

Still not allowed to create new page:

The title "Submissions" has been banned from creation. It matches the following blacklist entry: .*[^\¦§©®°¶№™☀-⚲✁-➾`].* <casesensitive> # "Other punctuation", with some exceptions (may need more, this is a huge character class); note that single-character titles are permitted by the title whitelist

-pj

VinceBot

Yep, I get the same thing on my test account. Not even sure how it's matching the regex, so give me a while and I'll figure it out.

VinceBot

Seems to be fixed. Had to comment out a few rules.. I guess it's cause we're not using the whitelist.

pauljholden

Batman's Superior Cousin

Can't register, keeps redirecting me to the forum login for some strange bizarre reason.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 20 January, 2010, 02:35:28 PM
Can't register, keeps redirecting me to the forum login for some strange bizarre reason.

You have logged out first, right?

-- Mike

VinceBot

The Wiki uses the forum login system, so it's working as expected.
If you havn't already, log out of the forum, then back in, then go to the wiki. You should be logged into it at that point.

/\/\/\/\ Beat me to it.