Main Menu

The Impossible Quest

Started by Paul faplad Finch, 12 May, 2010, 08:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul faplad Finch

Okay, so, I've started a blog.

Actually, I've had one for getting on to a year now, but I only really set it up on a whim and never really knew what to do with it. I mostly went on their every few months to whine self pityingly about my life in a slightly forced 'jolly' way to convince myself that contrary to all the indications, I wasn't as depressed as fuck.

Anyway, I decided that it needed a focus and a theme and something that would force me to write about something more positive. Something that I might actually be willing to let others read. That's right, it didn't have a single reader because nobody knew it existed.

It took me a while longer to actually come up with something until I realised that the answer was staring me in the face, right there in my sig on this board. I would write a blog about my quest, my impossible quest, to watch every single episode of every single sci-fi show ever made. Or as near as I can with no Sky and a severely depleted DVD budget.

In the end I decided to start from scratch with a dedicated blog and posted my first little bit of stuff up their today.

It's a bit rambly and unfocused and I warn you that the subject matter is a little naff - just the luck of the draw that I was watching rubbish when I decided to do this - but hopefully it will get better as it goes on.

I've no idea how to post links but if anyone is interested it's at theimpossiblequest.blogspot         Comments welcome, if you can be arsed.

And if you want to point and laugh at a grown man whining like a 13 year old kid who hates his mam and wants to die, I'm man enough now to let you look at faplad.blogspot as well.  Thats the original I talked about earlier.

Oh, and apologies to crazyfox, who asked for a link when I was rambling about this shiit on Twiitter last night.  I didn't get back to you, for the reasons at the top of this post. Didn't think I could explain it in 12 words or less over there.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

CrazyFoxMachine

Following it dude, reads quite interesting so far. Don't make the mistake of assuming it will take off instantly though like one of my writer friends did. He became disillusioned and quit within a week.

I still write mine every fortnight even though I know only three people tune in. I just like to justify my meagre productions to myself.

WE ARE A WHINY LOT AREN'T WE? THANKS 2000ad.

Paul faplad Finch

Cheers for that MIK. I shall learn to work the internet one day.

And a follower. Motivation to keep going, cheers mate. I'll take "quite interesting so far".

The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Paul faplad Finch

http://theimpossiblequest.blogspot.com/

Exactly the same link as the one MIK posted for me last night.

Just a test to see if I've figured out how to do it. Fingers crossed.
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Paul faplad Finch

It works.  :) I've surprised myself there.

Someday soon I hope to have the computer literacy of a primary school child.
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

The Monarch

I kind of have a blog myself. Abandoned it for a while but its about to get very busy again starting this monday for reasons that will be clear when you see the blogs title...

http://deadlldo.blogspot.com/

Colin YNWA

Well what a day for revalations about 'The Monarch' first I realise that you're one of the fella's that post on Prog Slog a lot and then a matter of minutes later I see that little bit of news! Well done and good luck hopefully you'll be as polite about my whittering as Paul was!

The Monarch

Oh there will be a place for you believe me :lol:

Oh love the impossible quest adding it to my blog list

Paul faplad Finch

And now I'm following Dead'lldo. Been loving the Slog and was hoping someone would do this.
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

The Monarch

I'm surprised I kept it quiet this long (I've known for two weeks I was gonna take over the slog) I was gonna let paul announce it. But I suck at keeping secrets