Main Menu

Commissions for $15!!!

Started by JohnnyBoyB, 04 February, 2010, 03:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyBoyB

If you want a cheap commission, this month I'll be opening 15 special slots.

The commissions will consist of single character against a simple background, and beyond that I can do whatever you want, and it'll only cost $15. Cheap, eh? You can choose any finish from these below:

http://johnnyboybaptista.deviantart.com/art/Commission-info-144334884

Like the 10 $10 commissions from January, the first 15 will get the commissions, so be quick about it!

2 important notes: like always, I only accept commissions after I've been paid 50% of the price. Also important, even if you approach me now for a commission - feel free to, no problem - I'll only be able to start working on it in February!

Contact me via note, or by mail at johnnyboyb@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon!

VinceBot

Before anyone else reports this thread, it's inside the rules, so it's staying.

strontium71

hi ,i've sent an email.can you let me know if you got it okay as i sent it by a different way that i've never used before.
...because I hate you.

Bolt-01

Saw this yesterday and wondered what sort of response he'd get.

Good luck fella, and if anyone from here 'does' get a sketch then please share.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: VinceBot on 04 February, 2010, 05:35:53 PM
Before anyone else reports this thread, it's inside the rules, so it's staying.

Yes, and to be fair, although JohnnyBoyB pretty much only posts about his own artwork, it's not a drive-by spamming which is why I didn't report it myself.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JohnnyBoyB

Hi there, Strontium. Didn't get your email.

Let me know if you're still interested. :)

Kev Levell

You know, not wanting to be unfair to JohnnyBoyB... and whilst I applaud him for his entrepreneurial cheek...
I'd rather commission SuperSurfer or CraveNoir or Iamthesystem or ANY* of the talented regular boarders who might be willing to do an ink sketch for approx £12.50... (if I had the spare cash).
But I don't see them offering, now is there any reason they shouldn't or haven't?

Perhaps there could be a sub-section for artists offering these sort of services, but I don't think that would be worth the time, effort and moderation that would become necessary - this isn't deviantart.com or comicspace and I don't think it should try to offer any part of the hosting or advertising opportunities those places do. Unless 2000adonline starts charging for classified art ads or provides facility for them, I think this should be the last time we allow a 'topic' like this into the classified forum.

Now, no offence Johnny, because it appears you have some degree of talent, but if I want unpublished sketches, I'll buy them from pro artists (who've actually worked on the comic I'm a fan of) at comic conventions... and most of them will do one for £10.

I hope I'm not alone in this opinion and I apologise in advance for making your topic an example.

*sorry to those of you I've not mentioned in the list, I didn't want to over-egg my pudding!

JohnnyBoyB

Not offended KevLev, but I think that's unfair.

I checked the rules before posting, and I rechecked them after I read your reply. Besides, someone else has already stated it's inside the rules.

Maybe there should be a sub-section like you mentioned. As it is right now, there isn't one. This is the only adds forum in this community, so I posted this add.

Also, just because you're not interested in unpublished work, why should you assume no one else is? I'm sorry the regular boarders don't offer commissions, but right now I really could use the money, and if there's someone out there that's interested in my work, and is willing to pay, what's wrong with me posting this?

QuoteI think this should be the last time we allow a 'topic' like this into the classified forum.

That's extremely unfair. I didn't break any rules, I've already met people interested in my work, and it's not like you're forced to buy a commission or even read this topic.

locustsofdeath!

JohnnyBoyB, I don't think Kevlev meant to come off as rude as it sounds (sorry Kev, but as I was reading your post, the word 'ouch' popped into my head a few times).

Personally, I have no problem with a topic like this - if no one is interested then the thread dies quickly. To JBB's credit, someone has asked him for a commission. But then I also see Kev's point...we wouldn't want the classifieds being overrun by renegade artists selling their wares!

uncle fester

Hey Johnny, perhaps if you post some links to some 2000AD related work that you've done, (being the general topic of conversation here), then it might be a little clearer to folks here what you could offer them?

I don't think Kev is being unfair at all. The classifieds section has, to date, been for people selling old 2000AD progs, and 2000AD related toys, statues, etc.

You could ask Vince-Bot to start a new section in the forum where you could advertise for commissions. It should be a fairly straight-forward thing to do.

JohnnyBoyB

I didn't think KevLev was rude, and I hope I didn't come off sounding rude as well. Just expressing my opinion, like Kev himself did.

I only posted because in theory you can post it here, and I really need the money.

Kev Levell

I can see why you feel it's unfair, but I'm not proposing anyone stop you doing this or delete your message.

I just think it's a floodgate, allowing a topic like yours again, unless there is a separate section that hides it away from the regular board I fear, will inundate us with offers.

Sorry if I was harsh, didn't mean to be. The internet is a funny old place and I really hope that my curt posting won't be misinterpreted.

Johnny, I wish you every success and hope you make loads of money... Sorry again if I've been unfair.

JohnnyBoyB

Like I said, no offense taken, Kev.

That's the reason deviantART has job offers forum. This community doesn't have one. I was a bit undecided whether I should post this here or in the creative forum, but after reading the rules, I realized this was the forum to post my add.

Quote from: uncle fester on 05 February, 2010, 12:22:27 PM
Hey Johnny, perhaps if you post some links to some 2000AD related work that you've done, (being the general topic of conversation here), then it might be a little clearer to folks here what you could offer them?

The rules don't mention 2000AD related work anywhere. I can do 2000AD characters, if that's what I'm commissioned to do.

Wake

As far as I'm concerned the classifieds section is for the buying and selling of items likely to appeal to 2000AD fans. Anything 2000AD related is a given, but other sci-fi and comic related items are okay so long as the advert comes from a boarder not someone just here to spam us with their cheap DVD site.

I don't think that there are lots of unpublished boarders who have the time to make money from commissions. They aren't going to be able to charge as much as a published artist can. If I'm wrong and lots of people would like to advertise their artistic services (whether published or not) then I could create a sticky thread in the classifieds for it - each artist gets to post one message to it including an example of their work, etc. I don't see any reason for a sub-forum.

If you would be interested it advertising commissions on a sticky commissions thread send me a PM and if I get a few positives I'll go ahead.

Cheers,

Wake

P.S. I've moved the rest of this topic to another thread.

vzzbux

If someone wants to sell his wares then so be it, if it stays in line with the rules.

If I was talented I would probably do the same, but I'm not.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.