Main Menu

Addressing Australian Boarders Only

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 23 February, 2010, 07:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I only wish to know what Prog is being sold this week.

A truthfull answer is something I can use on the newsagency who I though were going to have some progs that I asked them to set aside for me.

Incidently they were the ones withthe latest Slaine stories in them.

I think they have decided to stiff me and wont respond.

ThryllSeekyr

It's really a simple answer to a simple question.

I was thnking RadBacker, Floyd, Nerd from Oz and any other boarder or lurker that partiscipatres on this messageboard from my own country and time zone could help me out here.

I just need proof!

Radbacker

sorry for late reply Mr mayor, got Prog 2010 this week.  the big thick end of year one.

Cu Radbacker

Radbacker

you want the last four weeks before this week for the Slain story.
specifically 1662, 1663, 1664 & 1665

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Radbacker on 23 February, 2010, 10:25:05 AM
sorry for late reply Mr mayor, got Prog 2010 this week.  the big thick end of year one.

Cu Radbacker
Quote from: Radbacker on 23 February, 2010, 10:28:35 AM
you want the last four weeks before this week for the Slain story.
specifically 1662, 1663, 1664 & 1665

I'm quite ANGRY to learn of this and I wonder why a newagents who barely knows me has decided to treat me this badely....

As I recall walking into their store a few days preceeding Christmas late last year and seeing what must have been prog 1658 on the shelve which would mean that what RadBacker told me is just about spot on target.

It's quite obvious there's something pretty fishy about this.

What I should do?

This newsagency have told me they cancelled my order and then reconsidered and reordered, but they haven't gotten back in contact with me since last week.

They don't sound like they should be trusted leaving me hanging on this long.

I think I entitled to have this when it's supposed to be out, not be put into a queu.

God, I 'm just ranting and raving now, and I'm funing as well.

Honestly, they're should a law against this type of practice.

Wh, Why, why is this a persistant problem for me.

Would anybopdy else actaulley be having the same problem.

It's just a damn imported comic book, and well just about nearly every comic I've seen is, but it's it's not rocket science, I'm asking for.

Not the crown jewels I'm trying to obtain!!!

Yet the efforts they might expect from would have it so.

What am I to do, go treated fairly here.

I'm not asking this as a ruler, or king, not even as the mayor of this board, but as a paying customer.

Dandontdare

Tell 'em you're the mayor - that'll sort them out!

Proudhuff

That's what happens when you employ Ozzies  ;)
DDT did a job on me

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Peter Wolf

Have you tried calling the shop yourself instead of waiting for them to call you ?

Have you considered actually visiting the shop to enquire about this ?

It might be an idea to do one or both of these things.People forget things and fuck up and you have to chase them.Thats life.

Have you paid this shop any money ?

What do you mean "not be put in a queue" ?

Why would you be put in a queue if you have placed an order ?

When did you place the order ?

I had to read through your last comment half a dozen times in an effort to understand what you are saying because its hardly clear and concise what your problem is.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Roger Godpleton

Send Tharg nude pictures of your sister-in-law?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Grant Goggans

Go Clickwheel, Mr. Mayor, you know it makes sense!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Proudhuff on 23 February, 2010, 05:44:41 PM
That's what happens when you employ Ozzies  ;)

Ahh, I hope you mean the store clerk and not me.

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 23 February, 2010, 09:31:05 PM
Have you tried calling the shop yourself instead of waiting for them to call you ?

Have you considered actually visiting the shop to enquire about this ?

It might be an idea to do one or both of these things.People forget things and fuck up and you have to chase them.Thats life.

Have you paid this shop any money ?

What do you mean "not be put in a queue" ?

Why would you be put in a queue if you have placed an order ?

When did you place the order ?

I had to read through your last comment half a dozen times in an effort to understand what you are saying because its hardly clear and concise what your problem is.

Answering all questing in the same order you have asked them......

ONE Yes, I have actualley, but not all the time. Once Last week, and I think it was twice in the January. Over the course of a week. Strangely, the time I rang them back then might have corresponded with the time Prog 1662 would have been available. According to what RadBacker told me. I don't wna tto be rining heem, evry minute of evry day. They might think I some silly twat if they don't already.

TWO Not since I had seen this one....

Prog 1667

My next visit to the shop is when I know they are holding Prog 1662 mint condition and in it's shrink wrap packaging to prove it's never been opened.
Either they will call me or I wil have to cal them, but I not walking the distance of whaty I beleive to be a kilometere to the next suburb to their shop to find they don't have or are sold out. I wish to know before hand. As it is, I hardly ever leave my house. Strange as that sounds.

When I asked them to do this, I beleive they wrote it down in their ledgers and I gave them my first name and which prog I wanted when I next enquired about it over the phone nearly there weeks later.

Three NO, I haven't. That would be really silly on my part. Besides I can flip them the bird when they ring back in another months time and tell me that it's just come in. Can you beleive that the prog I am after was first released to the public  in early november last year.

I 'm looking through Ebay, now unless I can get them through the online store here.

Four I asked for the magazine alteast five or six weeks before it might have
be put on the shelves. I saw they had Prog 1667 on the shelves at the time. What I meant by being put into a queue is that somebpody ealse has oreder thge same comci and taken mine, putting me behind them. I could keep explaining my line of reasoning here, but will leave it at that.

Five I believe I have placed a order, but will still flip them the bird, because it's taken so long. I think that being Being put into a queue is biot of worse case senario. They might actualey be excopeting a few orders and decide to get the desired amount in a clump rather than order them in one by one.

Six Like I said earlier. I was in their store a few days before Christmas last year when I asked if they had any 2000AD magazines. They looked in the comic-book section for me, and found prog 1667. It was well hidden. I said I would get in contact with them either by phone or otherwise in person in the time I beleived that would be a few days before the arrival of Prog 1662. They even told me that on that particular Wednesday, that these magazines are delivered to their store on a Monday. I gave them my name, phone number along withthe numbver of the prog and the assumed date of it's arrival. Which they wrote down. That is as official as my order was. Strange thing is that when I next rang them, they told me that the prog I was after would be coming later than I expected. Two weeks later, I believe. I am expecting phone call any time this week as this would be the week they told me it would be in on.

I 'm just rambling, too angry to make sence, but I think that if your patient and read through my posts carefully, you'll get the gist of what I mean
What really irrates me is that it's such a hassle, when it's really simple. It IO am expected to try harder, then they might as well be paying me.

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 23 February, 2010, 09:52:25 PM
Subscribe?

I would in a instant if I had a thosuand dollars spare cash.

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 23 February, 2010, 09:57:55 PM
Send Tharg nude pictures of your sister-in-law?

As a threat, I don't even want to see pictures of my sister in law.

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 23 February, 2010, 10:15:21 PM
Go Clickwheel, Mr. Mayor, you know it makes sense!

How does that work again, Is that digital download. The trouble is withthose, is that you'll lose them all if you computer ever dies.

I might as well try to buy them individually through this website if they are still selling them.... brand new of course. I think I have a pare forty or fifty dollars somewhere.

Does anybody know where I can most easily obtain a firearm.

ThryllSeekyr

looking at Clickwheel now....

I think at 1:49 pounds I'll be paying about fifteen dollars for those downloads I'll need, but I'm still not sure.

I'd rather order the actual magazine, from you web site if possible.

I've just contacted somebody that I knew who was selling 2000AD in the past even if non oe my seacrhes tunr up any on the site.

I'm awaiting a reply from them now.

Grant Goggans

Clickwheel keeps an archive of your purchases.  Once logged in, you can redownload anything you've purchased.  You can also make easy backups of your collection by archiving them to CD-Rs, to flash drives, or to a Gmail account.

In other words, if you're sensible, something catastrophic will have to happen for you to lose what you purchase digitally, and that it's probably more permanent than a physical copy.