Main Menu

Addressing Australian Boarders Only

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 23 February, 2010, 07:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

This thread is... I don't know. Not what I thought it would be.

Brilliant, anyway, if a little unerving.
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 11 March, 2010, 01:29:36 PM
Yeah, I think I read that in the same magazine that said that the earth was flat.

I find your ideas intriguing, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Peter Wolf

Thryllseeker:

155 pages - 7,771 2000ad items on Ebay is hardly what i would describe as "barren".
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

dweezil2

For the trying times that modern life throw at us, I find this helps:

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Mikey

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 March, 2010, 01:19:06 PM
Mayor, I'll have a rake through my stuff and see if I can find these for you, if I find em I'll let you know and If I find em I'll send then to you okay?

That's what I meant - not every prog I get but the elusive few.

Anyway...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 11 March, 2010, 01:29:36 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 10 March, 2010, 06:29:41 AM
Did you know that in some parts of the U.S.A. they don't let you stay or enter if you don't have a registered firearm. Thats right, you must have a gun on you while in their territory. Strange, I think thats just the] sherriff/cowboy mentality, a throw back to the days of the wild west. I think thats in Utah Not sure really. I read this in Ralph magazine. So it might be fiction, but it may not be. As they say about fiction & truth. What is stranger?

Yeah, I think I read that in the same magazine that said that the earth was flat.

I might just go see if I can find that one, scan it and upload the artical here.  As I have stored all those magazines, all of them neatly away. Though, It may take some major excavating in my room. Which is like a secret lair for magazines, comics, books, hidden underneath boxes, clothing, electrical components & other clutter.

Your probably right as well, being American yourself, you'd know that, I guess.

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 11 March, 2010, 02:19:07 PM

Thryllseeker:

155 pages - 7,771 2000ad items on Ebay is hardly what i would describe as "barren".

I meant it's just about barren of anyting I want for 2000AD magazine, apart from Slaine which still gives me a page of items.

Just you try finding anything 2000AD related on the Ebay serach engine. Maybe as your cleverer that me, you may dig out something, that doesn't even have anything do with Slaine.

BTW, I'm not dissing Ebay. Helped me out many times in the past. As of late, I think some rich asshole Ebay user might just be buying everything 2000AD

Quote from: dweezil2 on 11 March, 2010, 02:33:13 PM
For the trying times that modern life throw at us, I find this helps:

That picture looking soothing, but the words, anything to do with the afterlife are alittle ominious & creepy.

Is that what I think it means or is that off hand reference to Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

So long & thanks for fish.

A shibboleth if I ever saw one.

Quote from: Mikey on 11 March, 2010, 03:12:03 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 March, 2010, 01:19:06 PM
Mayor, I'll have a rake through my stuff and see if I can find these for you, if I find em I'll let you know and If I find em I'll send then to you okay?

That's what I meant - not every prog I get but the elusive few.

Anyway...

M.

Before you do anything too strenuous, I'll just let you know that one of the sellers from the U.K have come back to me with a positive on all those progs & I'm now awaiting PAY PAL request.

Ace Comics

http://www.acecomics.co.uk/

Oh, and there's a opportunity, they are selling their shop/buisness in Exeter. One of the locations I recall from Slaine.

I'd be tempted myself, if I had the passport, visas & cash.

ThryllSeekyr

Oh, I forgot to mention.

I don't want Prog 1666.

As Slaine ends before that one.

I really after Prog 2010[/b. I like thepicture of Tharg playing chess.

Anything with a picture of Slaine.

ThryllSeekyr

Finally, I have sent away for these elusive progs.

Hopefully some time early next week I will be reading the last installment of Slaine

Roger Godpleton

QuoteAnything with a picture of Slaine.

Well there's quite a lot of white spaces in Stickleback so I could doodle over them and send them on their way if you like.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

ThryllSeekyr

I've never see your art work, but if it's as good as your prose, grammar, dicttion. Something I found while reading one of short stories in the competition. The one with the cat & some children singing some corruption of a christmas Carol. Well written, & the meaning of the whole story just escapes me. Like, am I supposed to wonder if I can actulley read at all.

If you can seriously draw Slaine, or something Slaine related & don't mind taking the time to do so. I should like to see some of your Slaine material up here.

Then we shall see if your not one of the fabled lost artists of Slaine

Changing the subgect......

Yesterday, When I finally sent away the money, there was the feeling of a certain amount of weight being lifted ffrom my shoulders. Not the weight of the world. Something still substancial & I still find it disgusting, I'm only getting these as back issues, & something llike three months afterwards when I had gone to some amount of touble to secure these as the progs that were currently being sold when they should have been. Even though they are a overseas export. Hell, I know the American Huslter magazine is & thats very easy to get over here.

But enough of that ranting, or else I might just keep raniting on & on & eventually start to contridict myself.

Mikey

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Mike Gloady

TS got sorted?  What, in the "dog-taken-to-the-vet" way or the "it's-for-his-own-good-it'll-be-a-chance-to-heal-and-grow" way?!?!?
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

ThryllSeekyr

Honestly, You should know the problem with those progs by now & who's to blame.

Hopefully, my progs will be on their way.

I really don't think I was overreacting.

Otherwise I might have done soomething at that newsagency.

Anyway, you should all understand it's not my fault, & that it is the fault of the 2000AD ditributor.

Any blame coming my way, is just pure rubbish.

Anyway, Now I wonder what Mikey meant about me getting SORTED.....

I assumed it was my problem obtaining some 2000AD progs and noting to do with me personally.

By a strange coincidence, I have been to the doctors for a check up, & taking care of some personal difficulties.

Not that you would beleive anything of the personal medical problems I have been having.

I'm now very drowsy from the medication I have been given.

Thats all you ned to know.

Dandontdare

We just care about you TS!

Sleep well Mr Mayor.

TordelBack

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 19 March, 2010, 11:56:51 PM
I'm now very drowsy from the medication I have been given.

And when you wake up, you won't want to chase the lady doggies around anymore...

Only kidding TS, well done for getting your Prog situation sorted, and hope your health issues are resolved.